We all love our slow cookers- especially in winter time. There’s nothing quiet like walking in the door from a long day to dinner right-ready to go, right?! Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup is sure to make the whole family very happy!
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 3 C chicken broth, or 3 c water and 3 chicken bouillon
- 1 C onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn with juice
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with juice
- 1 package ranch dressing mix, 1/4 C
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 oz neufatchel cream cheese
- garnish with avocado and serve tortilla chips
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker, excluding the last two.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Add cream cheese 20 minutes before serving, remove chicken, shred with 2 forks, return to pot, stir well.
- Once cream cheese has melted and is incorporated, it's ready to serve
- Serve with avocado and tortilla chips.
Make sure to remember these awesome slow cooker tips:
~ Coat the ceramic liner with cooking spray before adding ingredients, this will make clean up a snap!
~ Preheat slow cooker on high while prepping ingredients, then once it’s ready to go turn to low if a longer cook time is desired.
~Never add frozen ingredients; it takes too long for ingredients to reach a high enough heat and get through the temperature danger zone (40-140 degrees) in max of 4 hours.
~ If you’re cooking in the summer time, prep the slow cooker once it’s ready to go just put it out in the garage to cook so it won’t heat up the house!
Here a few other delicious slow cooker recipes for you to enjoy…
I hope you all had an awesome weekend! I was able to attend a conference in Salt Lake called BYBC – I had a lot of fun mingling with blog friends and making some new friends too!
Much Love and Peace~