Slow Cooker Tomato, Beef, Orzo Soup is a quick and easy dinner recipe that the whole family will love!
Want to make it even easier? Remember our Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches from a couple days ago? It makes a lot of meat so if you have extras save them to use in this recipe and forget worrying about the first three ingredients YAY! That’s my kind of easy 🙂
- 1 pound stew meat, or left over French Dip Sandwich recipe meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 32 ounce box tomato soup (I like Trader Joes)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 14 ounce cans white beans, drained
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 8-10 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup orzo pasta, prepared to package directions.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coat ceramic insert with cooking spray.
- Preheat on slow cooker on high.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add oil.
- Brown meat in skillet; in small batches for them to brown evenly.
- Add water as need to deglaze the pan; add each batch and all bits and pieces from bottom of pan into slow cooker as completed.
- Add all remaining ingredients excluding orzo pasta.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 7-8 hours.
- Just before serving cook off pasta and add to slow cooker.
- Serve with shredded parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 832mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 32g
Slow Cooker Tomato, Beef, Orzo Soup is extra yummy served with a fresh baguette and a green salad!
Much Love and Peace~