Elk Chili is the BEST chili ever. . . it’s total comfort in a bowl and just what chilly evenings need!
Elk Chili is the perfect chili for this hunting season! We have a close family friend who got an elk tag this year! She was super excited because she has been waiting for this her whole life. On the 12th and last day of her hunt, she finally got her bull! Now we have some delicious meat to enjoy thanks to her hard work and generosity in sharing with us!
My family and I enjoyed this Elk Chili with a loaf of Multigrain Sourdough Artisan Loaf. We love chili and eat it often during the winter to warm us up from the Utah snow and cold weather. Check out our other favorite chili’s: Easy Peazy Chili and White Chicken Chili. My kids can’t get enough of these 3 chili’s!! They especially love the Easy Peazy Chili with Honey Corn Bread Muffins! It has been a long time family favorite and go-to meal!
Elk Chili is a flavorful way to spice up your winter! Don’t miss out on trying it this hunting season!
Much Love and Peace~
- 2 pounds ground elk
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 onion, medium diced
- 1 shallot, small diced
- 1 garlic, miced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon worchershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 16 ounce great northern or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 16 ounce black beans, drained and rinsed
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot over medium high heat add elk; cook stirring 3-4 minutes.
- Add half of red wine, onions, shallots, and garlic; cook 4 minutes.
- Add remaining red wine to deglaze pan.
- (scrape up bits of brown flavor from the bottom of the pan while cooking off liquid).
- Add peppers, spices, salt, cayenne, beef broth, and beans.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Serve warm and Enjoy!