Today’s Elk Chili Recipe is the BEST chili ever–it’s comfort in a bowl and exactly what chilly evenings need! Our ground elk recipe doesn’t taste gamey at all! In fact, it’s the perfect ground elk recipe for all those who don’t enjoy the wild game flavor. This recipe works great for elk chili crock pot recipe too!
Our Elk Chili Recipe is for your hunting treasures!
Elk Chili is the perfect chili for this hunting season! We have a close family friend who got an elk tag this year! She was super excited because she has been waiting for this her whole life. On the 12th and last day of her hunt, she finally got her bull!
Now we have some delicious meat to enjoy thanks to her hard work and generosity in sharing with us!
Tips for elk and venison
- DO NOT over cook your elk or venison steaks once they reach 130 degrees F; remove from heat immediately
- Allow elk or venison steak to rest for 3-5 minutes under a foil tent
- With this hold over cooking will take place so the temperature will increase; it’s best enjoyed at 135-140 F
- Elk steaks are very lean and will dry out extremely quick so don’t leave them unattended during the grilling
Elk Chili + favorite sides
We love chili and eat it often during the winter to warm us up from the Utah snow and cold weather.
- 2 pounds ground elk
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 onion, medium diced
- 1 shallot, small diced
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon worchershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 (16 ounce) great northern or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (16 ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot over medium high heat add elk; cook stirring 3-4 minutes.
- Add half of red wine, onions, shallots, and garlic; cook 4 minutes.
- Add remaining red wine to deglaze pan.
- (scrape up bits of brown flavor from the bottom of the pan while cooking off liquid).
- Add peppers, spices, salt, cayenne, beef broth, and beans.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 1266mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 32g
More Elk Recipes
- Spicy Tequila Elk Steak Fajitas Recipe
- Elk Steak Sandwich with Spicy Mayo Recipe
- Elk Chili Recipe
- Elk Steak Stroganoff Recipe
- Grilled Red Wine and Garlic Elk Steak Recipe
Elk Chili is a flavorful way to spice up your winter! Don’t miss out on trying it this hunting season!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene