4th of July Watermelon Appetizer is beautifully Patriotic!
AND a fun way to start off any 4th of July celebration! It’s also a fun kitchen craft to let the kids help with… just cookie cutters and toothpicks!! AND that’s just about as safe as it gets 🙂
You’ll LOVE how easy and fun these 4th of July Watermelon Appetizers are to make AND they taste really amazing too!! I’m a ‘cheese with fruit’ kinda gal though… I love apples with cheese too 🙂
I wanted to start sprinkling in some fun 4th of July recipes here and there just keep things interesting!! SO, more to come…
4th of July Watermelon Appetizer...
- 2 slices of watermelon cut as thick as the cookie cutter
- 5 slices smoked provolone cheese
- 20 blueberries
- 10 decorated toothpicks
- 1 large star cookie cutter
- 1 small star cookie cutter
- Remove the rind form the sliced watermelon, set on cutting board.
- Using the large star cookie cutter, cut out star shaped pieces (I got 5 per slice).
- Using the small star cookie cutter, cut out cheese stars (I got 2 per slice). Arrange watermelon stars on serving platter, place cheese stars on top, thread 2 blueberries on each toothpick and pierce through the center of each appetizer.
- Keep refrigerated until serving!