4th of July Watermelon Appetizer Recipe is beautifully Patriotic plus it’s a kid friendly recipe! Makes all your 4th of July and summer parties more festive and fabulous with this recipe! You’ll never believe how easy they are to make they only take a few minutes to put together and it’s a great recipe to make with the kids too. Watermelon, provolone cheese, and blueberries are all healthy ingredients and taste wonderful paired together in this our patriotic appetizer!
Patriotic Appetizers Recipes on FOX13 The Place
I love cooking over on FOX13 The Place once a month. . . it’s always so much fun to hang out behind the scenes and watch the show in action. I think it’s one of the funnest parts of my blogging journey- being able to cook on TV was always a dream of mine! I’m going on four years now at FOX and I look forward to it every month! Check out all the fun filled segments by clicking HERE ! 🙂
4th of July Watermelon Appetizer Recipe
This recipe is also a really fun kitchen craft to make with the kiddos… all you need are a few simple ingredients and some cookie cutters!
• 2 star shaped cookie cutters (preferably different sizes)
• toothpicks (preferably with frill tops)
• provolone cheese
• fresh blueberries
Then with little helping hands to assemble them they’re made lickity-split fast! You’ll LOVE how easy and fun these 4th of July Watermelon Appetizers are to make AND they taste really amazing too! If you’re a cheese-with-fruit kinda person like we are then you’ll adore them plus for the picky eaters in the crowd, they can easily be taken apart to enjoy only the parts they like!
Keep your cool with our 4th of July Watermelon Appetizer Recipe!
Celebrating the 4th of July is a long-time tradition for all of us. . . I remember as a kid being excited to go to the parades, fairs, and BBQ’s. After a long day of festive activities and when the heat of the summer is on us a cold, sweet slice of watermelon hits high on all our lists of refreshing foods to enjoy! That’s why our 4th of July Watermelon Appetizer Recipe is perfect for all your summer BBQ’s!
More summer appetizers for you to enjoy:
- 2 slices of watermelon, cut as thick as the cookie cutter
- 5 slices smoked provolone cheese
- 20 blueberries
- 10 decorated toothpicks
- 1 large star cookie cutter
- 1 small star cookie cutter
- Remove the rind form the sliced watermelon, set on cutting board.
- Using the large star cookie cutter, cut out star shaped pieces (I got 5 per slice).
- Using the small star cookie cutter, cut out cheese stars (I got 2 per slice). Arrange watermelon stars on serving platter, place cheese stars on top, thread 2 blueberries on each toothpick and pierce through the center of each appetizer.
- Keep refrigerated until serving!
4th of July Watermelon Appetizer Recipe is going to be the hit of your summer-time parties! Enjoy!!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene