Red, White, and Blue-berries is another fun appetizer for your 4th of July celebrations!!
Red, White, and Blue-berries is a creamy and delicious fruit dip with a hint of lemon… you’ll LOVE it!!
* I adapted this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens’ all time favorites 2012, “Ricotta Dip for Fruit”
I saw this recipe at my mom’s house and, true to my “calorie cutting but not the flavor” self, I went to town figuring out how to make it a little healthier. I used light cheeses instead of regular, (which works great for most things, BUT I never use fat-free! I like my food to still taste like it’s supposed to!) I added the lemon for a little more zest, switched the regular yogurt to greek yogurt for higher protein, and I used agave nectar– which is a lot lower on the glycemic index than sugar, but twice as sweet so it cuts some calories there too!
That’s just an example of how I make small adjustments that don’t effect the flavor but lower the fat content and the calories too. I LOVE food but I also want my food to be the healthiest it can be for me and my family! You’ll LOVE this Red, White, and Blue-berries recipe and it’s delicious and super fun to serve for the 4th of July!! Enjoy 🙂
You won’t want to miss my 4th of July Watermelon Appetizer... it’s a fun kitchen project for the kids and so very festive!!
Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap Up
and to Days of Chalk and Chocolate
- 4 oz light cream cheese
- 1/2 C part skim ricotta cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 C vanilla low fat greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar or 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Combine all ingredients in blender, process until smooth.
- If desired cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Serve with assorted fruits.