*this is a sponsored post by Truvia® and the opinions expressed are genuine and my own
Chilled Apricot Lemon Soup is a refreshing appetizer or perfect for brunch this summer!
I have a fun story about how these apricots came into my life… I recently moved and have been walking my dogs around our new neighborhood, just a little envious of all the fruit trees I kept spying in yards. So, one morning I was eyeing some apricots and even snuck one or two to enjoy on our morning walk but I was secretly wishing I could have more to have fun creating in the kitchen with.
THEN, the very next morning, a sign appeared hanging from the tree branches saying, “Pick and Enjoy while they last” so I ran home and grabbed a big bowl and picked! It was so awesome and that’s the story of how these little guys came into my kitchen and into our Chilled Apricot Lemon Soup 🙂
Chilled Apricot Lemon Soup is a lovely but simple cold soup that is a beautiful balance fruity, tart, flowery, and touch of sweet. It’s a fun way to start off an evening entertaining guest for dinner or it’d be perfect for a ladies brunch too.
Today’s recipe is sweetened with Truvía® Nectar- which I am totally loving!! It’s such a great product… remember our Pineapple Coconut Overnight Oats, and Strawberry Yogurt Parfait they’re made with it too! So, grab some the next time you’re at the store and try all these delightful creations.
I’m in all kinds of LOVE with the NEW Truvía® Nectar blend it’s seriously fabulous!
It’s a blend of stevia leaf extract and honey, Truvía® Nectar has 50% fewer calories per serving than sugar and adds a touch of sweetness wherever you would use agave, sugar or honey. Because Truvía® Nectar is twice as sweet as honey, you only need to use half as much.
I love being a member of the Truvía® Kitchen Cabinet Team… it’s so fun to create recipes for them! Make sure to check out my other Truvía® recipes by clicking here!
Chilled Apricot Lemon Soup is sure to be enjoyed all summer long or as long as those apricots stay fresh and delicious!
Much Love and Peace~
- 4 cups quartered fresh, ripe apricots
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup Truvía® Nectar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- garnish with lemon zest, if desired
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat combine apricots and water.
- Simmer 12-15 minutes or until apricots are very soft.
- Remove from heat, carefully place in blender, blend until smooth.
- Add Truvía® Nectar , lemon zest, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, sea salt, and vanilla.
- Blend on high for 2-3 minutes. (the longer blend time brings out the flavors)
- Chill completely in fridge.
- When ready to serve, place in small bowls or ramekins and add lemon zest.
- Serve and Enjoy!