Today’s Apricot Mango Chutney Recipe is a deliciously festive appetizer or it can be served as a side dish too! Mango apricot chutney is a recipe from culinary school and it’s just as good as the one served at your local Thai or Indian restaurant.
Why we love Apricot Mango Chutney Recipe
I first fell in love with chutney’s in one of the classes from my Culinary Arts Program. I had tasted chutney before in an Indian restaurant but I had no idea how much I would LOVE making them until this class.
Each group of students in our class made their own spin off a base recipe… it was fun to taste the flavors that complimented each other and even the ones that didn’t quiet work so well.
It’s always fun to experiment and expand your flavor palate.
Garde Manger Class in Culinary Arts
In Garde Manger with Chef Franz we made everything from Chutney to Sushi to sandwiches & salads and even Apple Birds! All the ladies in our entire school absolutely adored Chef Franz. He was just that kind of Chef!
I think the guys thought he was pretty cool too but most of them probably wouldn’t admit it 🙂
Ingredients in Apricot Mango Chutney Recipe
- white wine vinegar
- dried apricots
- red onion
- green pepper
- ground cinnamon
- ginger, freshly grated
- orange zest
- sea salt
How to make Apricot Mango Chutney Recipe
- In a stock pot over high heat, boil vinegar and sugar for 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Turn heat down to medium low and slowly simmer for 30-45 minutes or until the consistency of porridge.
- Allow to cool and serve.
- Serve with naan or pita bread cut into triangles.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an air tight container. (will stay good for several weeks)
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 1g
More Culinary School Recipes
- Chicken Mushroom Bake Recipe
- Culinary Arts Beef Stroganoff
- Homemade Rosemary Gnocchi with Bolagnaise Sauce
- Green Chicken Curry with Thai Eggplant
- Lamb Chop with Mushroom Spaetzle
- Reuben Sandwich
- Grilled Artichoke Chicken Pita
- Gingerbread Bars with Italian Buttercream Frosting
- Creamy Risotto
- Tomato Sauce
Enjoy making our Apricot Mango Chutney Recipe this week!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo with Rice Recipe
- Dark Chocolate Banana Popsicle Recipe
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chipper Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough Cheesecake Recipe
- Grilled Pineapple Chipotle BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Tropical Chocolate Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Blueberry, Banana, Strawberry Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Strawberry Banana Mango Coconut Smoothie Recipe
- Almond Butter Banana Oat Smoothie Recipe
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Freeze
- Reuben Sandwich
- Chicken Fricassee Recipe