I have a confession… I hadn’t ever made Ratatouille before recently making it in Culinary School!
WHAT? I know.
It’s SO good AND it has pasta in it so, what in the world was I thinking?? I promise you’ll absolutely love this recipe!
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 C red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 C red pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 C eggplant, skin on and diced
- 1 1/2 C zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 1/2 C yellow squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4-5 shakes tabasco sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh sliced basil
- or add 2-3 Tbsp pesto sauce before serving and omit basil
- 1 1/2 C fresh chopped tomatoes
- 1 12oz package pasta of choice, cooked according to package directions
- garnish with shredded parmesan cheese
- In a heavy skillet, coated with cooking spray, over medium high heat, heat oil and saute onions and garlic for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
- Add red onion, red pepper, egg plant, zucchini, and yellow squash; stir to combine.
- Add salt, pepper, and basil; stir.
- Add Tabasco sauce and cook 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add tomatoes and simmer 25-30 minutes until reaches desired consistency.
- Serve over pasta and garnish with parmesan.
*this recipe was adapted from Chef John
Y’all are going to absolutely be in heaven with this Ratatouille recipe!
Wouldn’t it be cool to make this recipe for dinner and then watch the Disney movie “Ratatouille” afterwards… fun for the whole family 🙂
Happiest of Monday’s to you… I hope your weekend was relaxing and wonderful.