Chicken Mushroom Bake Recipe is a classic comfort food that you’re sure to love! For this chicken recipe, we fabricate a whole chicken and bake it in a creamy mushroom sauce! It’s a culinary school speciality and also one that everyone can make! However, feel free to use all chicken breasts and then follow the same recipe if you prefer. 🙂
Put your hands together for Fit Friday!! We love Nichole so much! Check out her fun page– Pure Clean Fitness!
Chicken Mushroom Bake Recipe serves the whole family and only takes 20 minutes to put together!
Holy yum!!! Tender, juicy, and flavorful… Chicken Mushroom Bake is calling my name! Prep this decadent dish in 20 minutes and make some fun sides while it cooks!
Here are some of our favorite sides to eat with Chicken Mushroom Bake:
- Apple Cucumber Tossed Salad
- Papaya Pineapple Coleslaw
- Peach Cucumber Mint Salad
- Spinach Artichoke Dip with Crostini’s
- Whole Grain Artisan Loaf
- Honey Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Red Potatoes
- Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries
- Rosemary Hassleback Potatoes
Fit Friday with Nichole!
These days my workouts have been taken down a few notches but I am determined to make sure they do not become nonexistent. The gym is also a no-go, I am still teaching a few classes and training a couple of long term clients, but I am minimizing gym time and not working out there due to no white blood cells. All of this means that I am working out at home or heading out for fresh air.
My first goal is one mile a day, even on rough days I know that I will feel better if I get up and walk a mile. This isn’t for time, this isn’t even really for fitness, it is simply to make sure I am getting my body moving. Getting fresh air. Letting my joints and muscles move.
A mile is a day is only on low level energy days. On my mid level days and days when there is no escaping without kiddos I grab some weights and jump on the treadmill for a circuit workout. Instead of going with a speed on the treadmill I am going with an effort level, some days it is a solid walk (4.3), some days I am aiming to run a mile (7.5), and many days I am somewhere in between.
No matter what level I get this done at, I am happy that I got it done.
Chicken Mushroom Bake Recipe
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene
Chicken Mushroom Bake
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups bechamel
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 bay leaf
- ⅛ tsp Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 cup onion caramelized
- 2 cups mushrooms
- Steamed rice and snow peas for serving
- In a medium saucepan melt butter and slowly whisk flour in to create a roux.
- Let cook for approximately 3 minutes.
- While stirring constantly whisk milk, heavy cream, onion powder, bay leaf, and nutmeg into the roux.
- Bring to a simmer stirring constantly.
- Simmer 2 minutes then season with salt, pepper, Tabasco sauce.
- Pull from heat and set aside for later.
- Fabricate 1 whole chicken into thighs, drums, and breast, French breast, leaving skin on and bones in thigh.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet sear chicken skin side down.
- Once done set aside.
- In a medium size pan caramelize onions.
- Remove onions and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to pan and sauté until softened
- In a 9x13 pan add 3 cups bechamel, caramelized onions, and sautéed mushrooms.
- Stir until the veggies are coated in bechamel.
- Place chicken in mixture skin side up.
- Chicken should not be completely covered by sauce.
- Place in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until done.
- Serve with steamed rice and sautéed snow peas.
- Cinnamon Apple Butter Recipe
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo with Rice Recipe
- Irish Spicy Reuben Sandwich Recipe
- Grilled Pineapple Chipotle BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Hot Turkey Provolone Sandwich with Basil Mayo Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Pineapple Skewers
- Reuben Sandwich
- Chicken Fricassee Recipe
- Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken
- BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza
- Southwest Chicken and Rice