Our Irish Mushroom Melt Recipe is melt-in-your-mouth fabulousness to inspire your St. Patties Day in a new way! We’re sure you’ll love today’s sourdough bread, mushrooms, Dublinar Irish cheese, mushroom brie cheese, Irish horseradish sauce–all brought together in a grilled cheese sandwich. Celebrate Saint Patricks Day throughout the whole year with our Irish Mushroom Melt Recipe!
It’s time to hang with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Coaching! She’s been a part of our Friday’s for many years and we love her so much. Thank you, Nichole, for coming every week and sharing your awesome fitness knowledge with us. If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
Ingredients in our Irish Mushroom Melt Recipe:
Our Irish Mushroom Melt is made doubley amazing with two kinds of cheese Dubliner Irish Cheese and Mushroom Brie then we marry them with a saute of mushrooms, onions, and a smear of Irish horseradish sauce! Ohhhhh baby. The thought of an Irish Mushroom Melt makes my mouth water–we come from an Irish lineage so anyway we are able to celebrate St. Patty’s Day is a good way for us!
- sourdough bread
- mini portabella mushrooms
- yellow onion
- olive oil
- mushroom brie cheese
- dublinar irish cheese
- Irish horseradish sauce (we like Inglehoffer Cream Style Horseradish)
- mircogreens to garnish
Irish Mushroom Melt Recipe & What is the real story of St Patrick?
How is Saint Patrick’s Day celebrated?
Fit Friday + Irish Mushroom Melt Recipe
What is a healthy and happy lifestyle? This is a question that I really don’t feel has a universal answer, every one is unique and needs something a bit different. But…I do think there are some good universals to consider for all. I recently ran across an article from the Mayo Clinic that gave some great tips to living a healthier and happier life; 7 Tips to Live a Happier Life.
Ruthie and Madi are great at helping us explore the first one, eat nourishing food. With new recipes and healthy spins coming at you regularly they won’t let you down.
And this week I am coming at you with a Tabata workout to have some fun with and get regular exercise.
Check out the article (link below) and consider your own life. What are you doing well? What changes can you make to help you live a healthier and happier life?
This week we are pushing with Tabata. Remember, Tabata is 20 seconds on and 10 seconds off for 8 rounds (four minutes). Traditionally this type of workout calls for one movement to be used for the full four minutes. I don’t love doing one movement the whole time, instead I alternate between two movements. Take a one minute break between each four minute set.
Push hard for each 20 second working interval!
We hope you enjoy our Irish Mushroom Melt Recipe & some of these too:
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups mini portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces mushroom brie cheese
- 2 slices dublinar irish cheese
- 2 tablespoons Irish horseradish sauce (we like Inglehoffer Cream Style Horseradish)
- 1/4 cup mircogreens to garnish
- In a small saute pan add olive oil and warm, add onions; cook 2 minutes stirring.
- Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes or until slightly softened; set aside.
- Preheat large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Spread 1/4 of butter on two sides of bread, place butter side down on skillet.
- Layer dubliner cheese, half of irish horseradish sauce and half mushroom/onion saute, half of mushroom brie with sprinkling of sea salt; on each slice of bread on skillet.
- Spread remaining butter on remaining pieces of bread, place butter side up on sandwiches.
- Cook approximately 2-3 minutes until crispy and browned, carefully turn sandwiches over, repeat.
- If cheese has not completely melted, cover with lid, reduce heat to low and cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts and sandwich is warmed through.
- Slice in half.
- Serve with microgreens to garnish.
- Enjoy your Irish Mushroom Melt Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 731Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 1212mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 7gSugar: 12gProtein: 28g
Bring in March with our Irish Mushroom Melt Recipe and cheers to St. Patties Day!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: [email protected] We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene