Our Guinness Beef and Potato Stew Recipe & Dublin, Ireland is a winter must-try plus highlights from my trip to the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin, Ireland! Ireland just isn’t Ireland without a meat and potatoes meal! As I’m sure you know, Ireland is famous for it’s hearty meals, most of which include in it.. somewhere.. some kind of cooked potato! You’ll find them french fried, hashed, and even scalloped. I’m a fan of potatoes since I was born in Idaho, which is almost as famous for their love and farming of them! All I have to say is Guinness Beef and Potato Stew Recipe will hit the spot! Especially in the winter when we all love a bowl of warm and cozy stew. It’s loaded with lots of potatoes, carrots, beef (or veal) all lovely in a beef broth and tomato base!
Guinness Beef and Potato Stew Recipe & Culinary Journey in Europe!
Hi! It’s Ruthie here!! I just recently spent 7 weeks in Europe on, quite frankly, the adventure I’ve dreamt of taking for ever so long! Read more about my love of International cuisines by clicking Culinary Journey around the World! I was traveling solo (except for when Madeliene met me in Hamburg, Germany), exploring cities and cuisines, walking through chapter after chapter in history, AND completely falling in love with every moment! If you’d like to catch all the highlights it’s over on our Cooking with Ruthie Instagram timeline!
Guinness Beef and Potato Stew Recipe & Guinness Storehouse Tour
When you get the chance to spend time in Dublin, Ireland be sure go see the Guinness Storehouse it’s an experience you simply can not miss! Whether or not you’d enjoy the perfect pint of Guinness that comes with every ticket- they’ve put together an extraordinary self-guided tour. It’s filled with some history of Ireland, the journey of the company, and learning to pour the “perfect pint” at the Guinness Academy is super awesome too!
The top floor of the storehouse is called the Gravity Bar and it has 360 degree floor to ceiling windows with views that go on for days! It’s just stunning and a popular destination for everyone there so it was pretty packed!! All you need to do is just get close enough to the windows so that you can see the description of the city scape which is written on the glass for you to pin point and enjoy!
Now, lets get to our Guinness Beef and Potato Stew Recipe
We’ve got more a lot more Irish recipes for you to enjoy. . . I guess it’s because we have family ties to Ireland! I’ll tell you all about it next Monday when I share another recipe and more from my trip along with a touching connection to an ancestor I found there.
Guinness Beef and Potato Stew Recipe & some of these:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pound beef or veal stew meat or combination
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 cups carrots
- 4 cups potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 1/2 cups Guinness stout beer (12 oz.)
- 2 leaves bay leaf
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- In a large casserole pan or stock pot heat oil and add onions frying until almost caramelized until golden brown.
- Add the meat and brown on all sides.
- Add the paprika, tomato paste, vinegar, garlic, thyme, and rosemary.
- Take off heat and stir well; put back on stove, add bay leafs, Guinness stout beer, and beef broth.
- Bring to a simmer, partially covered, for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the meat is almost tender.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, and continue cooking until they are softened. approx 8-10 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix cornstarch and water to create a smooth paste.
- Add to the soup and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish with chopped parsley and serve with french bread and a Guinness beer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 1044mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 36g
Guinness Beef and Potato Stew Recipe & Ireland Cronut’s!
Everywhere I turned I saw signs for Cronuts! Plainly, I was intrigued and stopped into a KRUST cronut and coffee shop one evening as I was walking through downtown Dublin.
What is a Cronut?
Invented by Dominique Ansel in New York City, in his bakery of the same name, the cronut is a doughnut made with the light and flaky pastry of a croissant and covered in icing! A cronut is also filled with cream before being slathered in icing sugar! It is quite similar to how one might expect a doughnut to look. When they were first released, punters would buy the cronuts and re-sell Ansel’s pastries for up to $100 each. WOW!
Guinness Beef and Potato Stew a traditional Irish recipe and every bite is over flowing with mouth-watering flavor!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Creamy Mango Margarita Recipe
- Yucatán Shrimp Ceviche Recipe
- Irish Corned Beef with Cabbage Recipe
- French Tarte Au Citron Recipe
- Crema Catalan
- Chinese Pickled Vegetables Recipe
- Irish Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua Recipe
- Irish Soda Farls Recipe
- Irish Creme de Menthe Cocktail Recipe
- Danish Butter Cookies Recipe
- French Pâte à Crêpes Recipe
- Disney's Mini Mac-and-Cheese