Mushroom Soup with Brie Crostini has three varieties of mushrooms and it will be your new favorite soup! If you love mushrooms like we LOVE mushrooms then our Mushroom Soup with Brie Crostini recipe will be your new favorite!
Mushroom Soup with Brie Crostini
Mushroom Soup with Brie Crostini has got my husband’s name written ALL over it. Man, does he love mushrooms like no ever human I’ve ever seen. It seems that I talk about my husband a lot huh… hope you all don’t mind! I think it’s cause he loves food. I picked a good one didn’t I?! 😉 He and our Mushroom Soup with Brie Crostini fit right into our crazy, happy family. 🙂
More fabulous soup recipes we’re sure you’ll love too!
Things are moving right along around here and Fit Friday is up next!
As they should be with Fit Friday today brought to us by Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness!!! Thank you, Nichole!
Last week I presented a goal to get to know yourself better. I hope that you took that to heart and put some thought into it. This week I have workout for you to get the heart pumping and a sweaty smile on your face.
Mushroom Soup with Brie Crostini is going to help us get through January. We can do it people!!!
- 1 pound button mushrooms, stems reserved
- 2 pounds combination of shiitake and oyster mushrooms, stems reserved
- 2 red onions- 1 medium diced and 1 thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 peppercorns
- 2 cups sherry
- 1 cup brandy
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons mushroom base
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 5 teaspoons cold water and arrowroot to thicken
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
- 3 ounces brie cheese
- ½ cup chopped chives or parsley, to garnish
- In heavy bottom stock pot combine water, sherry, mushroom stems, 1 chopped red onion, carrots, celery, bay leaves, and peppercorns; simmer until reduced by ⅓ (approx 20 minutes), strain; set aside.
- Cut mushroom caps into ¼ inch slices.
- In stock pot melt butter, saute thinly slice red onion for 2 minutes.
- Add mushroom caps; cook 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add brandy; stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add reserved broth, mushroom base, worchershire, sea salt, and pepper; bring to simmer.
- Thicken with arrowroot slurry if desired.
- To serve: place 1 tablespoon brie cheese on each toasted baguette- melt under broiler and serve on top or with each bowl of soup garnished with chopped chives or parsley.