Chinese Wonton Soup and highlights from my stay at the Wencheng Castle, China!
Welcome to our Culinary Journey Around the World we are visiting in the Land of the Rising Sun~ China. I’m excited to share some photo’s from my stay at a breath taking castle in Yahnti, China. Last week we talked about some of the foods and made some Chinese Pickles Vegetables which go along beautifully with our Chinese Wonton Soup today!
Although soup is associated with home-cooked meals in every country, the Chinese consider it the premier comfort food. Chinese chicken broth has a couple of fun twists to it because they love to get flavor from ginger and green onions~ maybe a little rice wine if the the cook is feeling a little adventurous.
Chinese Wonton Soup is simple to make in just a couple of minutes and doesn’t require anything too extra special. . . your neighborhood grocer should carry all the ingredients. You’ll just need some chicken broth, julienned carrots, ginger, green onion, baby bok choy, sesame oil, and premade wontons.
Let’s take a look at the Wencheng Castle! Apparently the very wealthy love to build vineyards and castles in China. . . since I’m new to castle dwelling it was all quite extraordinary to my eyes!
I would say this place was more of a collection of castles. . . there are several under various phases of construction on the site and there will be a total of 9 when it is completed. It’s kind of hard to imagine that one isn’t enough, right?! 🙂
The castle we stayed in was almost too much to comprehend. . . it was beyond massive! Wow the pictures just don’t do justice but you’ll kinda get the idea of it.
The pictures below are of the winery and the banquet room. Both of which we the size of football fields- I swear!
So, the rooms are set up as a bed and breakfast kind of thing~ we stayed in the Queen Suite which was like a small house, it had a large sitting room, massive bedroom, and beautiful bath. We were also served breakfast which was really quite delicious!
It was quite lovely and really amazing to experience. . .
Chinese Wonton Soup is a classic Chinese soup that’s simple to make at home!
I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!
Much Love and Peace~
- 20 premade wonton wrappers
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 8 slices ginger
- 6 green onions, halved
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 4-6 whole baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped chives for garnish
- In a large stock pot bring chicken broth ginger and green onions to a simmer, cook for 15-20 minutes and strain.
- Bring broth to a boil and add carrots and baby bok choy; cook until vegetables are tender-crisp about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sesame oil, salt, white pepper; stir.
- Add wonton wrappers slowly to soup and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with chives to garnish.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 2224mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 11g
- Creamy Mango Margarita Recipe
- Yucatán Shrimp Ceviche Recipe
- Irish Corned Beef with Cabbage Recipe
- French Tarte Au Citron Recipe
- Crema Catalan
- Chinese Pickled Vegetables Recipe
- Irish Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua Recipe
- Irish Soda Farls Recipe
- Irish Creme de Menthe Cocktail Recipe
- Danish Butter Cookies Recipe
- French Crème Fraîche Recipe
- French Pâte à Crêpes Recipe