Our Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is like the best of autumn served up in a bowl! Today’s butternut squash soup with cinnamon crema is rich and flavorful. It’ll be your new favorite autumn soup!
Happy to Fit Friday from Nichole at Pure Clean Coaching + Ruthie and Madeliene at Cooking with Ruthie! Join us every Friday for some unreal fit tips and workouts!
Why we love Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe with Cinnamon Crema is taking me back to my amazing days in Puebla, Mexico. I had some of the best soups ever while I lived in Mexico.
I’ll give you all a little Mexican culture fun fact today… they literally call soups like this “Crema” (cream) this soup would be called, “Crema de Calabaza”. They call any other soup that is not “crema” (like this), “sopa” which directly translates to soup.
Now, you know!
Ingredients in Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- olive oil
- frozen or fresh peeled and cubed butternut squash
- chicken broth/bouillon
- dried marjoram
- ground black pepper
- ground cayenne pepper
- neufchatel cream cheese
- Cinnamon Crema: cream & cinnamon
Nichole with Fit Friday!
October is here, and it totally snuck up on me. You would think all of my Halloween excited neighbors getting pumpkins out weeks ago would have better prepped me, but no I am still shocked to be looking at my October calendar. Maybe the problem is I didn’t have a October marathon on my calendar like the vast majority of my friends, but I learned a few years ago that fall races were not for me.
With October being sneaky like my speedy friends I am choosing to do a treadmill workout for our Fit Friday this week. In fact, we will be doing all sorts of runner things this month. Yay! Don’t worry, if you aren’t a runner these workouts will still benefit you and you are still absolutely capable of doing them.
Today we are simply sticking with running, later this month we will include some strength training and stretches for runners.
- 6 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups frozen peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups water
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cream cheese
- Cinnamon Crema:
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in olive oil until tender.
- Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth.
- Return to saucepan, and heat through.
- Don't boil.
- Cinnamon Crema:
- In a small bowl combine cream and cinnamon; mix to combine.
- Drizzle in a circle on individual serving.
- Enjoy your Butternut Squash Soup Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 348mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
More Squash Recipes
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Gorgonzola Cheese
- Brown Sugar Banana Squash Recipe
- Apple and Sweet Potato Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Butternut Squash Soup with Cinnamon Crema
- Butternut Squash and Apple Street Tacos
- Roasted Butternut Squash, Feta, and Pine Nut Salad Recipe
- Carrot Squash Cake
- Acorn Squash with Swanson Maple Cream Filling
Bring to your kitchen with today’s Butternut Squash Soup Recipe!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene