I love to make delicious soups but I especially love it in the winter time.
Do you love butternut squash? I do but sometimes it’s hard to cut it all up when you’re in a hurry. I found some awesome frozen butternut squash at the grocery store and it makes this soup lickity-split to throw together!
Butternut Squash Soup is the perfect recipe to keep you warm and cozy this winter 🙂
- 6 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups frozen peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups water
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 8 ounce packages neufchatel cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in olive oil until tender.
- Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth.
- Return to saucepan, and heat through.
- Don't boil.
* this recipe was adapted from Allrecipes.com
I hope you enjoy this delicious Butternut Squash Soup and some of the other slow cooker soups too!
PS- I shared this recipe over at Or so she says too 🙂