I really enjoy Thai food so when my trainer friend, Nicole, told me about this Thai Pumpkin Soup I just had to get the recipe!
I CAN NOT tell you how much I love that coconut milk, or coconut water, or coconut spread so I’m game to try anything with it in it!!
…I made a few adaptations but she was right!! It’s “souper” yummy! Enjoy!!
Thai Pumpkin Soup is very mild for Thai food so, if you’ve never had Thai this recipe is a good one to try!
Thai Pumpkin Soup is pretty close to vegan (if you leave out the sour cream) so for all my vegan family and friends… Enjoy!
- 1 large onion
- 2 T of olive oil
- 1 T tomato paste
- 2 1/2 c of canned pumpkin
- 2 T ginger paste
- 2 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 c of vegetable broth
- 2 T chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 c coconut milk
- 3 T fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and light sour cream.
- In a large pot saute onion in olive oil until soft.
- Add tomato paste, pumpkin, ginger paste, garlic, vegetable broth.
- Pour into blender.
- Add green chilies, coconut milk, lime or lemon juice, salt.
- Return to pan and warm through.
- Serve garnished with light sour cream and cilantro.