German Celery Root and Apple Salad with Dill Mustard Dressing and highlights from our recent trip to Hamburg, Germany!
Miss Madeliene and I had a wonderful visit to Hamburg, Germany last month and we are SO excited to share it with you plus this tasty traditional German recipe!
Madeliene and I were hosted during our stay in Hamburg, Germany by the “Come to Hamburg” program. We had an amazing time exploring and experiencing this beautiful city. While we were there we had a delightful tour of Hobenköök with owner, Thomas Sample, followed by a mouth-watering lunch! We asked Thomas, “how long have you been open?” His answer shocked us as he said, “3 months!” We were both like, “WHAT?!!?!” Seriously that place was beautiful, put together, and hoppin’! I thought that it had been opened for years.
We loved the vintage feel, new concept of combining a local & fresh market, and new creations every day in the restaurant. Madi enjoyed the Pork Remoulade while I savored my Beet Risotto. Hobenköök is a must to visit while in Hamburg!🇩🇪It was soooo cool to see the chef’s walk a few steps into the market area and grab whatever fresh produce they needed for the meal that they were making and then walk back in and continue cooking!
German Celery Root and Apple Salad with Dill Mustard Dressing is a wonderful winter salad and you may also enjoy these delightfully German recipes. . .
While there we ate the Better Burger Company~ organic, fresh, and made to order! We loved them and the original Fry Sauces were simply divine. . . Mango, Chipotle, Dijon Mustard, and Original. It was hard to decide on a favorite after trying them all… I would say the Mango scored pretty high on both of our lists. 🙂
German Celery Root and Apple Salad with Dill Mustard Dressing will be a winter favorite!
Ruthie & Madeliene
Celery Root and Apple Salad Dill Mustard Dressing
- 2 celery root bulbs peeled and julienned
- 2 medium tart apple peeled and julienned
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill snipped pluches
- 1 tablespoon parsley minced
- Blanch celery root in salted boiling water for 3 minutes, drain in colander for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large non-metallic bowl and add the apples, toss to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk all of the remaining ingredients, drizzle over salad and toss.
- Place in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- To serve add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh dill and a slice of green apple.