Today’s Butternut Squash & Apple Street Taco Recipe is lovely autumn meal! You’ll be in heaven with the very first bite… our vegetarian recipe will not disappoint!
It’s Fit Friday! Whooop Whooop! A healthy recipe + Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Coaching for fitness trainer tips! For more posts CLICK HERE!
Why we love Butternut Squash & Apple Street Taco Recipe
Butternut Squash & Apple Street Taco Recipe are extremely original… a one-of-a-kind tacos you’re bound to fall in love with!
Our apple tree is full of all kinds of amazing apples! I quickly picked them and began thinking of ways to use them in our lunch and dinner meals. Everyone was thrilled with these petite tacos!
Ingredients in Butternut Squash & Apple Street Taco Recipe
- red apple
- red onion
- pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- apples slices and arugula, for serving
- 8 street tacos shells
Roasted Butternut Squash:
- butternut squash
- olive oil
- sea salt
- red pepper flakes
Fit Friday with Nichole
I am trying to get back into a regular routine now that school is in play. The first couple weeks of school I just kind of approached each day with two questions in mind “what needs to get done” and “what do I feel like doing today.”
Now that we have the school routine down(ish) and the first round of back to school germs have run their course it is time to approach the week with a plan. Part of that plan is my workout routine, both weights and running.
This week’s Fit Friday workout is a running one. I used it in my HIIT treadmill class this morning and loved it, definitely one for me to add to my list. You can do this on the treadmill or out on the road.
If you are on the road I definitely recommend programming it into your watch if that is a possibility. I love when I have my workouts on my Garmin. I just listen for the beeps and I am good to go.
Don’t forget to warm up and cool down!
Butternut Squash & Apple Street Taco Recipe
Today's Butternut Squash & Apple Street Taco Recipe is lovely autumn meal!
- 1 red apple, seeded and small diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup pepitas, pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
- additional apples slices and arugula, for serving
- 8 street tacos
- Roasted Butternut Squash:
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Roasted Butternut Squash:
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Evenly distribute butternut squash on sheet, drizzle with olive oil, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, sea salt, red pepper flakes; toss.
- Cook for 15 minutes, toss to coat, drizzle with honey, and cook 15 minutes more.
- When ready to serve; warm tacos in a saute pan over medium heat; reserve warm.
- Place 2 street tacos on each serving plate, divide butternut squash, apples, onion, and pepitas between plates.
- Serve with arugula, apple slices, and lemon wedges.
- Enjoy your Butternut Squash & Apple Street Taco Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 544Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 1301mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 13gSugar: 18gProtein: 19g
More Apple Recipes
- Apple Cinnamon Coconut Loaf Recipe
- Brown Bag Apple Cinnamon Pie Recipe
- Autumn Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
- Apple Rutabaga Soup Recipe
- Homemade Apple Pie Recipe
- Apple Butter Pork Loin with Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Apple Streusel Wheat Bagels Recipe
- Apple Cinnamon Dutch Babies Recipe
Our Butternut Squash & Apple Street Taco Recipe a one-of-a-kind tacos for fall!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Cooking with Ruthie on Instagram
Cooking with Ruthie on Pinterest
Cooking with Ruthie on Facebook
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
Leave a Reply