Black Beans and Rice Street Tacos Recipe is a flavorful Tex-Mex Dinner! I love to enjoy vegetarian meals in the heat of summer because a light meal and easy to cook when I want to head out the door to enjoy the nice weather. Our Black Beans and Rice Street Tacos are flavorful and healthy with cilantro, avocado, tomato, black beans, and rice all wrapped up in a white corn tortilla. Plain heaven. We love street taco recipes around here. . . creating new varieties of them is something we love to do so keep reading for more street taco recipe inspirations!
We’re always so excited for Fit Friday’s! We just love hanging out with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness ! She’s a been apart of our Friday’s many years and we love her so much!! Thank you Nichole for coming every week and sharing your awesome fitness knowledge with us! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
We know you’ll love our Black Beans and Rice Street Taco Recipe
Black Beans and Rice Street Taco are sure to be a crowd pleaser at your house. We serve them up buffet style that way each person can create a personal taco with only what they prefer. Tex-mex meals have always been a favorite at our house when my kids were all young it was one meal I knew they’d all eat and enjoy! There was a day when that was not an easy thing to do. . . luckily our taste buds change every seven years and palates mature so we no longer have that trouble! 🙂
A few more of our Street Taco Recipes for you to enjoy
• Achiote Beef Street Tacos Recipe
• BBQ Jackfruit, Roasted Corn, Cilantro Street Tacos
• Butternut Squash and Apple Street Tacos
• Chicken, Black Bean, Cilantro Street Tacos Recipe
• Black Bean and Sweet Corn Tostadas
• Grilled Street Tacos and Cancun
Today is a special Fit Friday. Why? Because it is my 40th birthday! Yep, you read that right today is my 40th and we are celebrating with a fun 40th workout.
I will be honest with your guys, I am not dreading 40. I don’t find myself feeling old instead I find myself feeling happy and confident. At least as happy as I can considering I still have a few more rounds of chemo to go. In my thirties I married a good man, and gained the privilege of becoming a step-mom to two gorgeous girls, along with gaining two of my own. I have learned how to be happy within myself. I don’t stress about numbers that don’t matter. I have learned to eat healthy food because that is what I want to eat. And I workout because I enjoy it not because I have to.
Speaking of workout…..we are celebrating my 40th with workout. That way you can all celebrate with me.
We are doing a series of AMRAPs today (as many rounds as possible). Work hard for those 8 min folks, earn your recoveries.
Black Beans and Rice Street Taco Recipe
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie , pin us on Pinterest , or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Cooking with Ruthie on Instagram
Cooking with Ruthie on Pinterest
Cooking with Ruthie on Facebook
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
Black Beans and Rice Street Taco Recipe
- 2 cups black beans
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, de-seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup tomato, small diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, rough chopped
- 4 cups white rice, prepared to package directions
- 12 mini white corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup avocado, small diced
- In a small saucepan combine black beans, lime juice, jalapeno, and spices; cook 4-5 minutes over medium heat to warm, then reduce to low to simmer; stirring occasionally.
- Heat a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat, warm and lightly toast white corn tortillas; hold warm.
- To assemble street tacos layer; add rice and black beans top with avocado, tomato, cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve warm and enjoy our Black Beans and Rice Street Taco Recipe.
- Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
- Pasta & Red Sauce, Basil Chicken, & Caramelized Parsnips Recipe
- Sourdough Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
- Truffle Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Strawberry Lime Refresher Recipe
- Winter Fruit and Greens Salad Recipe
- Mediterranean Spinach Salad Recipe
Are the black beans cooked already? I read it as dry but then the instructions don’t make sense. Thanks!
PS. I’d love a cilantro/lime rice recipe. I make it, but I’m not good at coming up with my own recipes and I know you’d make it better than I do!!!