I can hardly believe I’m starting into my last year of Culinary School today! I’m not exactly sure where the summer went but it flew by.
I’m excited/nervous to back at it once again… I’d love it if you’d send a little happy thought my way 🙂 A couple of weeks ago, I had the chance to head to Cancun, Mexico with my cute friend, Jen from Tatortots and Jello . It was a quick chic-trip for some much needed R&R and the perfect way for me to recharged for the upcoming school year!
I loved the Grilled Street Taco’s they served for lunch– feel free to mix up the protein with whatever you’ve got in the freezer. They’re great with chicken and shrimp too!
Grilled Street Tacos and Cancun just go hand-in-hand at least it was one my favorites on our trip 🙂
My toes at the resort pool 🙂 Also some pic’s of me and Jen on our trip.
Cancun is beyond beautiful! Everything was so relaxing~ the sand is super white and the sound, smell, and mystery of the ocean is just amazing to me!
We stayed at an all inclusive resort which we found for a killer deal on Groupon AND it was waaaayyyy too good of a deal to pass up 🙂
Jen and I went on a tour of the resort, just to get the complimentary massage. The back massage by the ocean was amazing…
The food was good and the all-you-can-eat part rocks~ of course! It won’t come as a suprise to most of you that I couldn’t eat enough of all that yummy soft bread 🙂
My favorite thing for lunch was the Grilled Street Tacos all loaded up with tonz of homemade guacamole and pico de gallo.
They inspired me~ so naturally I had to make some up to share with y’all cuz, I’m just super nice like that… You’ll love them!
Grilled Street Tacos and Cancun
- 2-3 sirloin steak
- salt, pepper, garlic salt
- 1 vidalia onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup pico de gallo or salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 avocados, cut in half with pit removed
- 1 lime, quartered
- 12 white corn tortillas
- Coat grill racks with cooking, preheat grill to medium.
- Salt, pepper, and garlic salt each side of steak, place on grill and cook 4-5 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, cut the onion in half, thinly slice across the grain.
- Warm a small saute pan to medium high heat, add oil, bring to smoking, add onions and caramelize; stirring constanly until aromatic and browned.
- Remove from heat.
- Once steaks are turned, place avocados flesh side down and cook until warm and grill marked.
- Keep a bowl of water and basting brush with you, coat each tortillas with water, cook until grill marked and warm.
- Remove everything from grill as it is cooked, thinly slice steaks and avocado.
- Assemble with 2 tortillas, cabbage, steak, onions, tomato, avocado, sour cream, and salsa.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lime.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 353mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 10gSugar: 7gProtein: 18g
Lets not forget all the desserts; which my pictures don’t do justice but they were so lovely and delicious.
Thanks for coming along on this trip with me- I hope you love my version of Grilled Street Tacos.
- Irish Cream Bundt Cake Recipe
- French Tarte Au Citron Recipe
- 10 Lockdown Tips; Healthy Body & Mind
- Horiatiki Greek Village Salad & Acropolis of Athens
- Los Angeles, California Best Hole in the Wall Restaurants; An Insiders Guide
- Chinese Pickled Vegetables Recipe
- Irish Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua Recipe
- French Potage Saint-Germain
Leave a Reply