Black Bean Hummus Wrap is a spin off of a super yummy dish I “DEVOURED” on our recent vacation to Mexico! (several times, actually… I really loved it!!)
Holy Cow… we had such a FUN, relaxing, warm, AdVeNtUrOuS trip!!! (I could have stayed at LEAST another 3-4 months!!) We met our friends Rob and Emily in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for a fabulous 5 day vacation! Not only was the Resort beautiful but the service was impeccable… I suppose that’s maybe what royalty feels like??
AND the food~~~ Dreamy! Artistic. Amazing : D
I only got called a “food snob” a couple hundred times (and I probably am!) I LOVED the food! I enjoyed Rack of Lamb, Sea Bass, Fillet Mignon, AND on, and on, and on!! WOW! I was not ashamed to bring my camera along to our meals to capture every work of art they presented! Eventually, everyone knew they had to wait for me to snap pictures before they could eat! (super good sports, guys! Thanks)
One of my favorite lunch dishes from our trip inspired this Black Bean Hummus Wrap ! The combination of flavors just melt in your mouth… Mmmm, mmmm : D
My husband didn’t get to sample Black Bean Hummus original dish on our vacation so, when he tasted my Black Bean Hummus Wrap last night he was in heaven!! He couldn’t believe how good it was… all I had to say was, “why do you think I ordered it almost every day?” Fabulous!!
Here are some highlights of the mouth watering delights we were served around the clock. REALLY! Whenever you wished… it was granted!! Arrr-IBA!!
Pictures from Emiliano’s Restaurant at Casa Velas:
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 C black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 C humus
- 1/2 fresh lime, squeezed
- 4-6 whole wheat tortillas
- In a small mixing bowl mash beans, add humus, mix well.
- Add squeezed lime juice, mix.
- Set aside.
- In a large fry pan sprayed with cooking spray, add onion and peppers.
- Cook over medium heat covered for 1 minute.
- Stir, cover, cook 1 additional minute.
- Repeat until veggies begin to soften, and start to brown.
- Warm tortillas.
- Spread 2 Tbsp black bean hummus on each tortilla.
- Divide veggies between tortillas.
- Fold in half and roll.