Black Bean Chipotle Grilled Cheese is a delightful spin on the classic grilled cheese! Delish!!
Happy Happy Fit Friday!!! Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness has some UNREAL child fit tips for us today! I will definitely be using these with Carter in a few years.
Black Bean Chipotle Grilled Cheese is no ordinary grilled cheese!!! It’s delicious and different. Two of my absolute favorite things!!! Try using Creamy Havarti Cheese and Athenos Feta Cheese From Amazon!
Black Bean Chipotle Grilled Cheese has got my heart. It’s like Mexican yumminess in grilled cheese!! Please let us know what you and your kids think of this fun grilled cheese twist!!! 🙂
Fit Friday: This summer has had some seriously fantastic play time, fun with my kids and family, great memories. This summer has not had a whole lot of workout time, and even less gym time. I have definitely needed to utilize at home workouts this summer. Workouts that I can squeeze in during nap time or in early morning hours while the older kids are still sleeping. That has meant some great HIIT workouts and some fun sweaty treadmill sessions. Today we are doing an sweet round of basics that you can do at home.
These are also all moves your kids can do to, I like to include the kids and let them try and earn some electronic time. My five year old can regularly be seen running around the block or doing burpees trying to rack up a few more minutes of Mario Kart.
Black Bean Chipotle Grilled Cheese is fantastically yummy for any quick summer time lunch!!!
Nichole, Madeliene, & Ruthie
- 4 pieces whole wheat bread
- 2 slices light havarti cheese
- 1/2 cup chipolte toscano cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- Black Bean Mixture:
- 1 cup black beans with liquid
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilis
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a small saucepan add olive oil and heat to almost smoke point.
- Add onion and saute for 1-2 minutes or until softened; stirring.
- Add green chilis, black beans, and spices; stir to combine.
- Cook and simmer on low for 3-4 minutes.
- Preheat large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Spread 1/4 of butter on two sides of bread, place butter side down on skillet.
- Layer havarti cheese, half of the black bean mixture, half of chipotle cheese with sprinkling of sea salt, on each slice of bread on skillet.
- Spread remaining butter on remaining pieces of bread, place butter side up on sandwiches.
- Cook approximately 2-3 minutes until crispy and browned, carefully turn sandwiches over, repeat.
- If cheese has not completely melted, cover with lid, reduce heat to low and cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts and sandwich is warmed through.
- Slice in half.