- 2 slices whole grain bread, I used squaw bread
- 1/2 an avocado, mashed
- 1 slice havarti cheese
- 1 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Basil Gourmet Garden Herbs
- 1 tsp butter
- Combine mayonnaise and basil in a small bowl.
- Place one slice of bread on flat surface.
- Layer cheese and spread avocado evenly on top.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on the second slice of bread.
- Place mayo side down onto avocado.
- Lightly spread butter on the outsides the sandwich.
- Preheat a small frying pan sprayed with cooking spray, lightly grill each side of sandwich being careful not to over cook.
- Cut and enjoy!
Have you heard of Havarti Cheese? Oh.my.goodness. You MUST give it a try! It’s just about the best cheese out there for sandwiches- our family loves it.
I hope you have a nice Monday, as far Monday’s go- make it great 🙂