Today’s Avocado, Hummus, & Feta Grilled Cheese Recipe is a Mediterranean savory adventure. It’ll be your new favorite humus grilled cheese sandwich! We love feta grilled cheese or any hummus and cheese sandwich for that matter. Simple ingredients–whole wheat bread, avocado, hummus, and feta cheese sandwich. You’re on your way to the best grilled cheese ever!
Why we love Avocado, Hummus, & Feta Grilled Cheese Recipe
Your tastebuds will be in heaven with every crunchy bite of our Avocado, Hummus, & Feta Grilled Cheese Recipe. I love a good grilled cheese sandwich–it’s a comfort food for me! I grew up eating a traditional grilled cheese, as an adult I expanded my grilled cheese creations for my mature palate! 🙂
Healthier Grilled Cheese Recipe
• Healthier version? Yes, although you’d never guess it in a million years… it’s still gooey and crunchy and packed with all kind of amazing flavors!
• To get a really crispy outside: first coat the pan with cooking spray then allow it to get really nice before hot before putting on the sandwiches.
• They’ll be browned and crispy with only about 1 teaspoon butter per side.
• My motto is to put the calories where I want them so I can retain all the fabulous crunchy flavors! Win-Win! 🙂
Ingredients Avocado, Hummus, & Feta Grilled Cheese Recipe
•Whole Grain Bread- Whole grains can contain a lot of fiber. Fiber is one big reason to eat whole grains: they help digestion, lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, can help control weight, redistribute fat, make you feel full, and help regulate blood sugar.
• Cheese- is a great source of calcium, fat, and protein. It also contains high amounts of vitamins A and B-12, along with zinc, phosphorus, and riboflavin. Cheese made from the milk of 100 percent grass-fed animals is the highest in nutrients and also contains omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin K-2.
•Hummus- is a popular Middle Eastern dip and spread that is packed with vitamins and minerals. Research has linked hummus and its ingredients to a variety of impressive health benefits, including helping fight inflammation, improving blood sugar control, better digestive health, lower heart disease risk and weight loss.
• Feta Cheese- Feta is a brined, white cheese with a soft and creamy texture. Compared to other cheeses, it’s low in calories and fat. It also contains a high amount of B vitamins, phosphorus and calcium, which can benefit bone health. Additionally, feta contains beneficial bacteria and fatty acids.
• Butter- Butter is rich in nutrients and beneficial compounds like butyrate and conjugated linoleic acid. High-fat dairy products like butter have been linked to a reduced risk of obesity, diabetes, and heart problems. Still, butter is high in calories and saturated fat and should be enjoyed in moderation.
- 4 pieces whole wheat bread
- 2 slices light havarti cheese
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup hummus, divided
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Spread 1/4 of butter on two sides of bread, place butter side down on skillet.
- Layer havarti cheese, half of the hummus, half of thinly sliced avocado with sprinkling of sea salt, and half feta cheese on each slice of bread on skillet.
- Spread remaining butter on remaining pieces of bread, place butter side up on sandwiches.
- Cook approximately 2-3 minutes until crispy and browned, carefully turn sandwiches over, repeat.
- If cheese has not completely melted, cover with lid, reduce heat to low and cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts and sandwich is warmed through.
- Slice in half.
- Enjoy your Avocado, Hummus, & Feta Grilled Cheese Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 619Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 1842mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 13gSugar: 4gProtein: 21g
More Grilled Cheese Recipes
Enjoy our Avocado, Hummus, and Feta Grilled Cheese Recipe–paired with tomato soup for dinner!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene