English Preserves, Havarti, Challah Grilled Cheese fabulous for brunch or lunch!
English Preserves, Havarti, Challah Grilled Cheese are quiet lovely for an afternoon tea, brunch, or lunch! I’ve always loved preserves and cheese together on toast!
SOooooo, when my friends brought me a jar of Fig and Lemon Preserves from Windsor Castle a few months ago I’d create something fabulously cheesie with it!! 🙂 I think this English Preserves, Havarti, Challah Grilled Cheese might even please the queen!
English Preserves, Havarti, Challah Grilled Cheese can be made with any time of preserves you have in your cupboard!
Have a marvelous Monday!!
Much Love and Peace~
- 4 thick slices of challah bread, I cut 1 1/2 inch thick
- 4 slices havarti cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons fig and lemon preserves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Coat large skillet with cooking spray,
- Preheat over medium high heat.
- Spread outsides of challah bread slices with butter, place butter side down of 2 slices on grill, layer with face side up with 1 slice harvarti cheese, divide jam and spread, 1 slice havarti cheese, top with additional bread- buttered side up.
- Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.