Shredded Beef Tostada is a filling and festive week night dinner. . . it’s one that is sure to please the whole family!
If you are a tostada lover, you’ll be sure to love this Shredded Beef Tostada! The Shredded Beef Tostada, along with our Chicken Tostada with Chili Crema and Black Bean and Sweet Corn Tostada, are regulars in the Knudsen household!
Shredded Beef Tostada is made even better with our Achiote Hot Sauce! See that red sauce behind the tostada? That’s the Achiote Hot Sauce! You can’t go with out it!! Madeliene (my daughter, Madi), lived in Mexico for 1.5 years and she says this tastes quite authentic with a nice healthy spin on it. To us, that is the best of both worlds! Real flavor and health wrapped into one!
Shredded Beef Tostada is a flavorful Mexican dish that will become a regular in your household too!
Much Love and Peace~
Shredded Beef Tostada
- 1 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups shredded beef
- ¼ cup achiote hot sauce
- ¼ cup small diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 8 to stadas
- Shredded Beef:
- 2.5 pounds flank steak
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 white onions thinly sliced and divided
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Beef:
- Season both sides of the flank steak with 1 teaspoon sea salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat a dutch oven or heavy bottom skillet over medium high heat.
- Once hot add flank steak and sear on both sides.
- Add sliced onions, oregano, bay leaves, and beef broth.
- Cover with lid and simmer for 1½ -2 hours or until meat in tender.
- Drain the meat and let cool, cut into 2 inch cubes and using hands shred the meat.
- To serve:
- Layer beef and cabbage on each tostada.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Serve and Enjoy!