Have you heard of Cafe Rio? It’s an awesome little Tex-mex joint that has a super delicious Sweet Pork. So, when my little sister gave me this recipe about 6 years ago- I was thrilled! I love this stuff and it’s so easy to make you’ll be thrilled!
Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (copycat) is a crock-pot dinner that is so versatile, you can make burritos, tacos, nachos… even throw this Sweet Pork on a salad and you’ll be in love with it!
Wanna to get really south of the border with your Cinco de Mayo fiesta then you’ve simple got to try our Cilantro Ranch Dressing, with Cafe Rio Sweet Pork, Cilantro Lime Rice, Green Chili Black Beans, Homemade Flour Tortillas, and Pico de Gallo !!
AND let’s not forget to complete the fiesta with a slice of Tres Leches Cake with Strawberries! Oh yah…. now that’s a party!
Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (copycat)
- 1 4-5lb boneless pork roast
- 1 1/2 cans of coke a cola
- 1 C sugar
- 1 8 oz can chipolte chili in adobo sauce use sauce and 1 chili deseeded and diced
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Remove webbing from roast (it may be in 2 sections), brown roast in a frying pan 5 minutes each side.
- Place roast in crock-pot.
- Combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl, pour over roast, cover.
- Cook for 7-9 hours on low or 3 1/2 -4 1/2 hours on high.
- Shred with 2 forks, place meat back in the juice in crock-pot so it remains moist. Serve as tacos, burritos, nachos, or on a salad.
Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (copycat) is a simple dinner that the whole family will completely LOVE and a bonus… it makes a ton and freezes just fine too so you can enjoy this tasty dinner more than once 🙂