Tres Leches Cake with Strawberries is a classic made easy with a cake mix, three varieties of milk, and overnight in the fridge!
Cinco de Mayo always seems to sneak up on me for some reason! So, this year I wanted to make sure and share this Tres Leches Cake with Strawberries recipe with all of you before it’s come and gone. It’s so simple to make and tastes AHhhh-mazing! Plus, talk about a fun way to end your fiesta. 🙂
If you want to get really south of the border with your Cinco de Mayo fiesta then you’ve simple got to try our Cilantro Ranch Dressing, with Cafe Rio Sweet Pork, Cilantro Lime Rice, Green Chili Black Beans, Homemade Flour Tortillas, and Pico de Gallo !! Oh yah…. now that’s a party!
I think the best part about a slice of Tres Leches Cake with Strawberries is the moist crumb that it gets by allowing the milk to soak into the cake overnight. It’s like having a milky-creamy slice of cake heaven served to you on a plate with a strawberries on top!
Tres Leches Cake with Strawberries will be an amazing way to finish off your Cinco de Mayo celebration this year!
Have a wonderful Monday!
Much Love and Peace~
Tres Leches Cake with Strawberries
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 14oz can low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12oz can evaporated milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 16oz tub light whip topping
- strawberries to garnish
- Prepare cake according to package directions and add cinnamon, in a 9x13 cake pan, cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl combine condensed milk, evaporated milk, and half and half.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in cake spaced about an inch apart, slowly pour milk mixture over the entire cake.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve: evenly spread light whip topping over top of cake, garnish with strawberry halves if desired.