Tres Leches Cake I happened to find on Pinterest! Of course, I adapted this Tres Leches Cake a bit BUT it’s from plainchicken.com which looks like it’s just a fabulous little place 🙂
I LOVE those cakes where you poke holes all over them and drench them with some sort of amazing sauce, let it soak in overnight and in the morning it’s perfect for breakfast, right?? (or at least a mid-morning snack…)
* I adapted this recipe from plainchicken.com
As you can tell we’ve had a Cinco de Mayo week at our house and I think this Tres Leches Cake is a fabulous ending!! Tres Leches Cake is like a party in your mouth!! Have any day cuz it’s super amazing… ENJOY!!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 14oz can low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12oz can evaporated milk
- 1 C half and half
- 1 16oz tub light cool whip
- strawberries, sliced
- Prepare cake according to package directions and add cinnamon, in a 9x13 cake pan, cool completely.
- Combine condensed milk, evaporated milk, and half and half.
- Poke holes in cake, slowly pour mixture over entire cake.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Top with light cool whip before serving, garnish with strawberry slice if desired.
- Lemon Cheesecake with Blueberry Compote Recipe
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake Recipe
- Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs Recipe
- Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake Recipe
- Classic Angel Flake Cake (kraft)
- Eggnog Bundt Cake with Eggnog Frosting Recipe
- Dirty Dr. Pepper Poke Cake
- Grilled Strawberry Shortcakes
- Guava Cake
- Pumpkin Pie Cake Recipe