I’m sooooo happy it’s Friday!! AND even better? It’s FIT FRIDAY around here…
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness come to hang out with us!
This week Nichole is sharing tips on Resetting Fitness Goals. A Healthy Recipe from me + Fitness Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Nichole’s Resetting Fitness Goals…
I don’t know what the new school year is like for you, but for me it is like New Years. It is time to make goals and get “back on track.” This summer I have done what I could, but it is nearly impossible for me to get into a routine like I do when school is in full swing. Add a baby into the normal summer craziness and it was even harder than normal for me to get into a routine. But New Years #2 is here and it is time to set some goals and get my booty moving.
With that in mind here are 5 goals worth considering:
2) Get stronger. Let’s get real….strong and defined is way sexier than just skinny.
3) Master a skill. This can mean getting out on the tennis court, working on some bendy yoga moves, or even pulling out your roller blades hiding in the back of your closet.
4) Making fitness part of your routine. This is a great goal that we should all strive for. Making fitness part of the schedule automatically. Instead of penciling in that spin class tomorrow if you can find time, ink it in and don’t let it fall to the way side because you got stuck on a phone call.
5) Train for an event. These goals are always my favorite. I signed up for my fall marathon before I had even had baby. That way I was committed to training and excited to get out the door after dealing with a couple middle of the night feedings.
Some of these goals may go together, that is just fine. In fact, that is great! If you can make fitness part of your routine it will be much easier to train for an event or master a skill. So as the kids walk out the door next week, summer traveling comes to an end, neighborhood bbques settle out take a big breath, enjoy a quiet cup of coffee, put on your running shoes, and head out the door.
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe…
Pico de Gallo is SO simple to make and wonderful this time of year with all the fresh vegetables a plenty!
I love all the fresh vegetables that are available this time of year. Whether you grow a garden, visit a fruit and vegetable stand, or go to the local farmers market- it’s easy to come by and SOooooo full of fabulous flavor! My favorite thing to make is this Pico de Gallo recipe because it’s just about as simple as it gets. Toss a few fresh ingredients in the blender and let it do all the work 🙂
Feel free to adjust this Pico de Gallo recipe to you and your families preferences… like your salsa HOT then toss in those jalapeno seeds. If you like cilantro then toss in more. It’s awesome and easy to tweak this Pico de Gallo recipe to make it exactly the way you and your family like it.
The healthy benefits of tomatoes, onions, limes, cilantro, jalapenos are too numerous to start listing out but be sure that you’re getting a powerful punch of raw and healthy ingredients in there. If you went with some baked tortilla chips you’d be even better off but I’m not really sure I’m ready to go there 🙂
You’ll just love this Pico de Gallo recipe for your end of summer parties!!
Happy Fit Friday!!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and membranes removed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1-2 teaspoon fresh lime juice, approx 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 ripe roma tomatoes, halved
- In blender add onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and 3 tomatoes-halved, blend at high speed for 15-20 seconds.
- Add the remaining tomatoes, lime, and sea salt; pulse until evenly sized.
- Do not over mix and leave chunky.
- Serve with tortilla chips!