Blend it up Salsa is just as good as any store bought fresh salsa, if not better!! It’s way cheaper to do it yourself and really, it’s NOT worth paying someone else… it’s THAT easy 🙂 HEY, and wouldn’t it be fabulous with yesterday’s Lime Chicken Fajitas?? NOW were talking!!
My BFF, Carol, is a super salsa LOVER and she gave me this Blend it up Salsa recipe… no more paying the grocery store for their fresh salsa when it’s as easy as throwing 6 ingredients into the blender and pulsing a few times!! Waa-laa!! Fabulous fresh salsa with very little effort!! Perfect for your Cinco de Mayo get together this weekend!!
** I adapted this recipe from Carol, she has a recipe blog you ought to check it out… Carol’s Country Cooking
Mmmm!! This Blend it up Salsa… is to die for (not literally)! My guys are going to a camp out tonight and I’m sending a batch of this salsa along, I hope it actually makes it to their potluck dinner 🙂
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and membranes removed
- 1/4 C fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp fresh lime, approx 1 limes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 6 ripe Roma tomatoes, quartered
- In blender add first 4 ingredients and 6 tomato quarters, blend at high speed for 15-20 seconds.
- Reduce speed to medium and add the rest of tomatoes through the lid. Blend for 10 seconds,do not over mix, leave chunky.
- Serve with tortilla chips!
- Coconut, Mango, Sunflower Seed Raw Bar Recipe
- Green Beans & Papaya Salad with Peanuts Recipe
- Strawberry Mint Sorbet Recipe
- Papaya Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 10 Healthy Travel Tips & Cheerios Snack Mix Recipe
- French Endive Salad & Louvre Museum
- Chinese Pickled Vegetables Recipe
- Italian Charcuterie Board Recipe