Lime Chicken Fajitas you’ve got be thinking Cinco de Mayo fiesta with these little babies!!
I LOVE lime!! Fresh limes especially 🙂 So, when my friend, Mya, started telling me about her Lime Chicken Fajitas recipe I could hardly wait to give them a try!
AND what better timing than with Cinco de Mayo just a couple of days away
* I adapted this recipe from my friend Mya 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
Lime Chicken Fajitas… are festive and healthy and super good!! You’ll totally want to make them for your Cinco de Mayo Fiesta 🙂
- 1/4 C lime juice, 2 limes, squeezed
- 1/4 C orange juice, 1 orange, squeezed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 8 whole grain tortillas
- In a large ziplock bag with the top folded down, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Close top and mix with hand to incorporate.
- Reserve 1/8 C marinade to cook with peppers.
- Add chicken to ziplock bag, close top, mix until covered well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, longer for stronger flavor.
- In a large fry pan, sprayed with cooking spray, warmed to medium high, drain off most of the marinade and add chicken, cook 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Remove from skillet.
- In the same pan add peppers, onions, and reserved marinade, cook 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring.
- Return chicken and cook 2 additional minutes.
- Place mixture in warmed tortillas.
- Serve with assorted toppings, if desired.