This post is sponsored by Honey Nut Cheerios. All content and opinions are that of my own!
10 Healthy Travel Tips & Cheerios Snack Mix to keep you fit and fueled on all of your adventures! Traveling and exploring the world is something I love to do! It’s also important to me to do it in a way that supports the over-all health of my body so I feel good while I’m out exploring! One of the ways I do this is by traveling with our families favorite Cheerios Snack Mix. . . it’s so simple to make plus it easily packs into my suitcase and goes along wherever my wandering takes me. Cheerios Snack Mix is made with a combination of Honey Nut Cheerios, sea salt almonds, and a variety of dried fruits AND I love knowing all these heart healthy ingredients will keep me fueled as I travel!
10 Healthy Travel Tips & Cheerios Snack Mix
Today, I’m taking all of you and our Cheerios Snack Mix along with me to Paris, France! When I’m traveling I like to take a few comfort foods with me so I feel at home wherever I am. Our family has adore this Cheerios Snack Mix for years because it’s a healthy snack for road trips, the swimming pool, or just a baggie to snack in the car which helped keep the kids happy as we were driving around. Now, that my kids are grown and out of the nest. . . I still love to travel with it because it’s packed with whole grains, protein, and dried fruit plus it easily tucks into my suitcase and/or day pack as I am out exploring the world. I’ve also learned a few other Healthy Travel Tips while abroad and I’m happy to share them with you today, too!
Honey Nut Cheerios Whole Heart Challenge!
We are SO thrilled to be sharing this post with you. Here at Cooking with Ruthie, we are very passionate about our overall health and treating our bodies right! In this busy world that we live in, it is so easy to overlook self care. Unfortunately, it tends to be one of the last things on the list for a lot of people. Honey Nut Cheerios is so fabulous because they know that taking care of ourselves and our heart is so very important! We absolutely love what they stand for and their happy heart mission that they are on. Check out the activity list below for some great and easy ideas to help keep your heart happy! My personal favorite is yoga. Oh man, yoga and I are just two peas in a pod! No matter how I feel going into class, I always feel relaxed, calmly energized, and less stressed coming out. I know that my body and my heart so appreciate that movement– I can literally FEEL the difference!!
There is a super great challenge going on right now called the Whole Heart Challenge. We encourage you to join and to get active with us! Easily get involved by clicking here. Your heart will thank you. 🙂
10 Healthy Travel Tips
• Unless you are staying at very nice hotels it is difficult to find a hotel with a gym or to find a gym in large cities are somewhat difficult to locate at all. So, I like to do as much walking as I can while sightseeing, naturally, having a really supportive pair of comfortable walking shoes is essential! In the summertime I love my Chaco’s. They’re so comfortable that I can walk for hours and hours and my feet are perfectly happy all day.
• Maintaining gym physic without a gym can be tricky and I take time to do a basic full body strengthening 3-4 times a week. Also, If I’m not doing a lot of walking during the day as I’m sightseeing then I’ll go for a run. I make sure it’s a safe area with a public pathway and always go running during the daylight.
My travel full body workout:
4 sets of:
- 25 deep bend squats
- 20 ab crunches
- 15 knee push-ups
• I try to stay away from the mentality of “I’m traveling and/or vacationing so I’m free to binge eat!” Instead, I make conscious choices to enjoy cuisines of a city when I feel hungry and still doing my best to choose healthier food items as often as I can.
• Sunscreen really IS a must and prefer to use a 30 spf on my face and arms. If you wear sandals then remember to apply sunscreen on your feet too! Even with cool weather travel it’s smart to apply sunscreen to your face because you’ll still get plenty of exposure.
• Prepare an emergency pack with the items that are essential for your healthy; in mine I have a few bandaids, Ibuprofen, a daily prescription, probiotic, and a packet of mint tea to carry in my backpack or purse.
• As most of you already know. . . water is a must! It’s not always available when you first begin to feel thirsty- I stay hydrated by taking a sip of water each time I begin to be thirsty! To make sure that dehydration doesn’t sneak up on me, I throw a bottle of water in my day pack or a pocket to carry around with me.
Signs of dehydration:
- Increased thirst.
- Dry mouth.
- Tired or sleepy.
- Decreased urine output.
- Urine is low volume and more yellowish than normal.
- Dry skin.
• Plain yogurt is loved around the world and it’s the perfect way to soothe an upset stomach with probiotics. It’s also a comfort food that is easy to find no matter all over the world. I also like to find a brand that is higher in protein- like greek style yogurt.
• Don’t forget to take time for resting. I’ve found it’s a much more enjoyable experience not to over pack my day with an intense agenda. Keep it flexible and interchangeable so I have time for a 30-60 minute rest during the day or a long, relaxing lunch to put my feet up!
• Lastly, Remember to pack along your Cheerios Snack Mix!
Plus, you can even have fun sharing with the pigeons or birds a handful of your Cheerios Snack Mix. . . if you’re willing to share, that is?! 🙂
Carterlicious sneaking into the Cheerios Snack Mix!
Our lil’ lovie Carter helped me while I was packing my luggage and he loved our Cheerios Snack Mix so much that I shared some with him and then quickly hid it in away! I like to keep a bag of Cheerios Snack Mix in my backpack for easy access and one in my luggage for later. I had a really long layover and I ate almost a whole bag by the time I got to Paris.
And now let’s do some exploring in Paris, France!
Join Honey Nut Cheerio’s Happy Heart Mission and help us inspire others to jump on board, too!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- 8 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 2 cups sea salt whole almonds
- 1 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl; toss to combine.
- Pour into 3 quart size tip-top plastic baggies; seal tightly.
- Enjoy on your travel adventures!
- *stores well for up to 3-4 weeks
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 22809mg Carbohydrates: 65g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 43g Protein: 4g