12 Winter Soup Recipes: Healthy & Delicious! It’s that time of year when we just want to stay cozy and warm indoors… Or is it just me? I swear sometimes January can feel like the longest month of the year. I guess it’s because it gets so cold around our neck of the woods. We have plenty of cold weather and snow here in northern Utah and it’s fun for a little while. So, let’s make the most of these cold months by making healthy and delicious soup recipes! We adore every soup recipe that’s featured so try one or try them all! We know you’ll love them! 🙂
Happy day, it’s Fit Friday! We love hangin’ out with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness! She’s a been a part of our Friday’s for many years and we love her so much! Thank you, Nichole, for coming every week and sharing your awesome fitness knowledge with us! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
Start the count down! 12 Winter Soup Recipes: Healthy & Delicious
- Elk Chili Recipe is the perfect chili for this hunting season! Elk Chili Recipe is the BEST chili ever- it’s comfort in a bowl and just what chilly evenings need! Our elk chili does not taste like gamey at all! In fact it’s the perfect ground elk recipe for all those who don’t especially enjoy the wild game flavor. This recipe works great for elk chili crock pot recipe too!
2. Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup will keep you toasty-warm this winter! Look at all those yummy veggies with beef chunks and tomato broth… it’s calling your name! 🙂 You’ll be so happy with how simple it is to make AND like all busy moms out there, who have an on-going love affair with their slow cookers, it’ll make dinner a snap.
3. German Spargel Reis Suppe or Asparagus and Rice Soup is packed with mouth-watering ingredients! Asparagus is always a favorite in the early spring plus I just love fresh tarragon. You’ll love how simple this soup is to make and honestly, it’s filling enough to be a meal.
4. French Potage Saint-Germain is so comfy-cozy this time of year! French Potage Saint-Germain is so comfy-cozy this time of year with the weather beginning to turn colder, but it’s even better with a chewy country white loaf of bread. Oh my goodness! Heavenly.
5. Chicken Taco Soup Recipe is a quick and easy dinner in the slow cooker that tastes more amazing than it is simple to make! Chicken Taco Soup Recipe is a quick and easy dinner that tastes more amazing than it is simple to make! Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup with Cream Cheese is going to become one of your family’s favorite meals!
6. Japanese Miso Soup is one of my favorite ways to stay warm and cozy in the winter! Japanese home cooking, like American home cooking, can be elaborate and quite special at times, but it’s often just down-home cooking meant to nourish the family. For breakfast it’s often a bowl of Miso Soup, rice, and maybe a rolled omelet, some salted fish, and a pickled vegetable.
We know you’ll love all of our 12 Winter Soup Recipes: Healthy & Delicious!
. 8. French Onion Soup with Baguette is a classic comfort dish that’s simple to make at home! French Onion Soup with Baguette is a savory delight that most people only order at restaurants. But, you can do it at home too and you won’t believe how simple it really is either! I promise.
9. Pot Roast Chili is the best way I know of to use leftover Pot Roast! We really love this to incorporate leftover pot roast for Sunday’s dinner! It’s SO good!
10. Tomato Basil Soup Recipe is skinnier version of the traditional Tomato Basil Soup recipe, you’ll agree it’s amazing. Tomato Basil Soup Recipe is one of our most popular recipes ever posted on Cooking with Ruthie and with that kind of introduction you will want to make sure and make some tonight! It’s one of those recipes that can be whipped together in just a few minutes.
11. Lasagna Soup Recipe is perfect for those really busy days when you’ve only got 30 minutes to get dinner on the table. It’s just perfect for those really busy days when you’ve only got 30 minutes to get dinner on the tables too. We all love to sit down to a lovely bowl of warm and cozy soup in the wintertime, you’ll be in heaven.
12. Winter Vegetable and Turkey Soup is a hearty and filling dinner that’s quick and easy for a week night supper! There’s nothing like a bowl ofWinter Vegetable and Turkey Soup when it’s time get cozy in the cold winter months. This soup is sure to do the trick… it’s got all a beautiful variety of vegetables and ground turkey in a hearty broth! Grab a loaf of crusty bread and these few simple ingredients at the store and you’ll have dinner on the table in no time!!
It is the New Year and we are all about those New Years resolutions and goals. I will be honest, I have never been all that great about setting New Years Resolutions. I didn’t like the pressure of setting goals for the year and I didn’t want to feel frustrated when I failed at those goals.
I have been a personal trainer for years. I have had clients the New Years Resolutions discussion time and time again. Watching people come in with high hopes and unrealistic goals was frustrating, especially when I would watch them slowly disappear, giving up when goals could not be met.
A couple of years ago I started to look more at the idea of picking a word for the year. Why? A word gave me something to work on without setting some crazy goal that was bound to be forgotten. By choosing a word for the year I was giving myself a guide for my intentions. I would choose a word that represented a value or need I felt needed to be amplified in my life in order for me to live my best life.
This year I have chosen the word CONFIDENCE. I can take this word into my workouts, running, coaching, marriage, motherhood. This is a value that I admire in others, but is also one of those things that I can easily see being a part of my own personality. Using CONFIDENCE as my guidepost I will be able make stronger decisions as I continue to build my business, I will be able to live my most authentic life.
I could go on and on about why I chose CONFIDENCE as the value I would most like to work on and exude, but instead of doing that I would challenge each of you to choose your own guidepost for the year. Put some thought into this word. Choose your word by considering who you are and who you would like to be. Think of others that you admire and list the values and qualities that they have. This should be a word you have truly put thought into, remember, it will be your guide for the next year.
Once you have chosen your word than go ahead and make some small goals that will help you begin to live your best life. Start finding ways to best incorporate your word for 2020 into your life. Next week I will post a workout for Fit Friday, it would be fantastic if you can take your word and use it as a motivator to get that workout done to the best of your ability.
Happy New Year everyone!
Enjoy our 12 Winter Soup Recipes: Healthy & Delicious!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie & Madeliene