Today’s Healthy Fudge Brownies Recipe have only 5 ingredients and are packed with protein and antioxidants! If you love brownies, but haven’t found a healthy brownie recipe, this is for you! Our Healthy Fudge Brownies Recipe has only 5 ingredients and are packed with protein and antioxidants – perfect for a healthy sweet treat! These brownies are so fudgey delicious and decadent while being healthy for you at the same time! Who can say no to that?!
YAY!! It’s Fit Friday! We love hangin’ out with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Coaching! She’s been a part of our Friday’s for many years and we love her so much. If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
We love our Healthy Fudge Brownies Recipe!
Healthy Fudge Brownies are packed with all kinds of wonderful health benefits! The cacao has antioxidants that helps our bodies so much. Antioxidants protect the body from damage caused from harmful molecules that are called free radicals. When we can fuel our bodies with healthy sources of antioxidants in a decadent brownie I think it’s a BIG win!! The moisture in them are from pumpkin puree so it’s got all kinds of wonderful nutrition in that too!
Ingredients in our Healthy Fudge Brownies Recipe:
- Almond Butter- is high in monounsaturated fats. Monounsaturated fats help to lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol and raise HDL (“good”) cholesterol. Many other nutrients in almond butter also help improve your heart health and lower your risk for heart disease. Omega-3 fatty acids help prevent irregular heart rhythms.
- Coconut Sugar- contains healthy fats that are known to help prevent high cholesterol and heart disease. Inulin is a type of dietary fiber that helps keep your gut healthy, prevent colon cancer, and balance your blood sugar. While standard table sugar is pure sucrose, coconut sugar only contains about 75 percent sucrose.
- Cocoa Powder- is rich in theobromine, which helps to reduce inflammation and can protect you from diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Since cocoa is rich in phytonutrients but low in fat and sugar, the calories you get from cocoa powder will be packed with healthy chemicals.
- Dark Chocolate- is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health. Made from the seed of the cocoa tree, it is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet. Studies show that dark chocolate (not the sugary crap) can improve your health and lower the risk of heart disease.
- Carob Chips- (unsweetened) is a low-calorie, naturally sweet alternative to chocolate. It is rich in filling fiber and low in fat. Fiber, the indigestible part of carbohydrate, has been linked to a healthier weight, improved blood sugar control, and reduced cholesterol.
- Chia Seeds- Despite their small size, chia seeds are full of important nutrients. They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium. Omega-3 fatty acids help raise HDL cholesterol, the “good” cholesterol that protects against heart attack and stroke.
Up next is Miss Nichole with Fit Friday & our Healthy Fudge Brownies Recipe!
It is a new month, which means for my little group it is a new round of goals. This month’s nutrition goal is a little different for me, especially if you know me. I am a big fan of listening to your body and living your best life. I don’t feel like you can live your life to the fullest if you are using valuable brain space and energy tracking macros, figuring out exactly what can and can’t work into your day, or even taking the time to write down everything you eat.
I do feel that it is important to know what it going into your body and being aware of how it makes you feel (emotionally and physically), that being said I think that every once in a while it is important to track your food for a week. Notice I said a week, not a day or two, a week of real life where you eat a normal week’s worth of nutrition.
In order to make effective changes you must have all the facts. Recognizing that you mindlessly clear your kids plates as you clean up lunch, or that your afternoon pick me up has 500 calories in it are important to note if you are trying to figure out how to eat healthier, cleaner, etc.
The challenge for this month is to pick a normal week and track your food. Keep it accurate, it is only for you. Looking at what you eat, how much you eat, along with when, why, and how it makes you feel.
Again, I love food. I love that it fuels my body and my soul. I only track food when I feel “off”, it helps me to find where I am struggling and what changes I can make to feel like my ready-to-go normal self.
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar or sugar replacer
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup carob chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup milk or dark chocolate chips, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine pumpkin, cocoa, almond butter, coconut sugar, and chia seeds; mix until combined.
- Add carob chips; mix to incorporate.
- Press into prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick removes mostly clean.
- (meaning a small amount sticking to it but not the whole toothpick covered)
- Allow to cool on cooling rack.
- Once brownies have cooled- cut and melt garnish chocolate in a microwave for 20 seconds, drizzle over brownies, allow to set, then cut and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 7gSugar: 14gProtein: 8g
Enjoy our Healthy Fudge Brownies Recipe & some of these too!
- Skinny Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter Granola Snack Mix
- Healthy Mango Coconut Cookies
- Orange Yogurt Fruit Dip
- Skinny Banana Chip Cake
- Berry Medley Raw Bars
- Healthy Omega 3 Cookies
- Skinny Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- Chocolate Coconut Snack Mix
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Walnut Cookies
The best part of our Healthy Fudge Brownies Recipe is they’re healthy and taste amazing!
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene