Rocky Road Brownies are one of my all-time favorites. . . the original recipe is Gram’s and then I added my favorite sweet toppings to make it extra “birthday” awesome since my bday’s today!!!
Rocky Road Brownies are delish!! I’m a chocolate girls through and through although Madeliene’s not… I’m not quite sure how that happened! I love chocolate and my daughter avoids it.. 🙁 Hmmm… I still love her though. 🙂
Rocky Road Brownies are yum yum yum for ANY gathering! It’s easy too. YAS!!! Friends, you’ll never believe what I’m doing on this special birthday.. I am headed to Europe! I’m going on a 6 week Europe tour and can’t wait to take you all along with me virtually! Follow along on this magnificent journey of mine! I am so blessed to be going and can not wait. Stay tuned on the blog, Instagram, and Facebook and enjoy these Rocky Road Brownies! 🙂
Rocky Road Brownies are yum yum yum for ANY gathering!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- 8 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 14 tablespoons butter (2 T less than 1 cup)
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup toasted cashews
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small
sauce panadd butter and melt.
- Whisk in cocoa powder until combined; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy; approximately 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla.
- Slowly drizzle in cocoa mixture and mix until combined.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time; mixing with each addition.
- Add sea salt.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until
toothpickinserted in center removes clean.
- When brownies are cooled melt chocolate in a small
microwave safedish melt chocolate for 30 seconds, stir, microwave 15 seconds more, stir until completely melted or in a double broileron the stove top.
- Spread 1 cup of melted chocolate onto brownies, evenly distribute cashews and mini marshmallows, then drizzle with additional chocolate.
- Allow to cool completely and cut into squares.