Today’s Pico de Gallo Recipe is wonderful this time of year with the abundance of garden fresh vegetables! Our homemade salsa is made with tomatoes, onions, limes, cilantro, and jalapenos. Enjoy our pico recipe with chips tonight!
Why we love Pico de Gallo Recipe
Feel free to adjust this Pico de Gallo recipe to you and your families preferences. If you like your salsa HOT then toss in those jalapeno seeds. If you like cilantro then feel free to add more to your liking–it’s a great recipe to adjust.
It’s awesome and easy to tweak this Pico de Gallo recipe to make it exactly the way you and your family like it.
I love all the fresh vegetables that are available this time of year. Whether you grow a garden, visit a fruit and vegetable stand, or go to the local farmers market- it’s easy to come by and SOooooo full of fabulous flavor!
Ingredients in Pico de Gallo Recipe
- Onions- Onions not only provide flavor, they also provide important nutrients and health-promoting phytochemicals. High in vitamin C, onions are a good source of dietary fiber, and folic acid. They also contain calcium, iron, and have a high protein quality (ratio of mg amino acid/gram protein).
- Tomatoes- antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. They are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
- Sea Salt- Sea Salt is mostly composed of sodium chloride, a compound that helps regulate fluid balance and blood pressure in the body. Since it’s minimally processed, it contains some minerals, including potassium, iron, and calcium.
- Coriander is a fragrant, antioxidant-rich herb that has many culinary uses and health benefits. It may help lower your blood sugar, fight infections, and promote heart, brain, skin, and digestive health. You can easily add coriander seeds or leaves — sometimes known as cilantro — to your diet.
- Jalapeños are rich in vitamins A and C and potassium. They also have carotene — an antioxidant that may help fight damage to your cells – as well as folate, vitamin K, and B vitamins. Many of their health benefits come from a compound called capsaicin. That’s what makes the peppers spicy.
- Limes- are a good source of magnesium and potassium, which promote heart health. Potassium can naturally lower blood pressure and improve blood circulation, which reduces your risk of a heart attack and stroke. Research is ongoing on lime compounds called limonins that may be able to reduce cholesterol levels.
Pico de Gallo Recipe
Today's Pico de Gallo Recipe is wonderful this time of year with the abundance of garden fresh vegetables!
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and membranes removed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1-2 teaspoon fresh lime juice, approx 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 ripe roma tomatoes, halved
- In blender add onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and 3 tomatoes-halved, blend at high speed for 15-20 seconds.
- Add the remaining tomatoes, lime, and sea salt; pulse until evenly sized.
- Do not over mix and leave chunky.
- Serve with tortilla chips!
- Enjoy your Pico de Gallo Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 19Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 357mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
More Salsa Recipes
- Peach Blueberry Salsa with Baked Cinnamon Tortilla Chips Recipe
- Blender Salsa Recipe
- Pineapple Salsa
- Grilled Pineapple and Strawberry Salsa
- Papaya Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- Cowboy Caviar
We hope you’ll grab some chips and whip up a batch of our Pico de Gallo Recipe!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Cooking with Ruthie on Instagram
Cooking with Ruthie on Pinterest
Cooking with Ruthie on Facebook
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
Leave a Reply