Blueberry Torte Recipe pretty simple to make . . . white cake with blueberry pie filling and cream cheese icing= a blueberry stack cake! This is the cake I grew up on and loved to celebrate every birthday, of every year all through out my growing up years. I begged for this Blueberry Torte many more times through the year but my mom always obliged me for my birthday! I made a blueberry torte cake for my kids for their birthdays when they were young too. It made me smile a couple of weeks ago when our Madeliene asked me how to did I make “that blueberry cake”? Mom’s Blueberry Torte Recipe is a long time favorite around here. It’s a family tradition and we’re more than happy to share it with all of you! 🙂
Blueberry Torte Recipe
Mom’s Blueberry Torte is mouth watering, delicious, and can I have another 8 pieces GOOD!! REALLY… this one you’ve just got to give a try for your next special occasion or any occasion for that matter.
Cake takes a bad wrap sometimes, I mean… we eat it at every special event in our lives, RIGHT?? Like birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, holidays, etc! So, make our Blueberry Torte Recipe and just enjoy a piece or two! (… or 8 )
You may also love these other cakes recipes:
Step-by-Step tutorial for making Blueberry Torte Recipe:
Blueberry Torte Recipe will sweeten the celebration for your next gathering!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene
- 1 white cake mix, prepared to package directions
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 8oz cream cheese
- 1 can blueberry pie filing
- 2 cups fresh blueberries and chamomile, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 2 -9inch round cake pans with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, eggs, water, and oil (prepared to package directions)
- Mix on medium high speed for 2-3 minutes until smooth and incorporated.
- Pour half of batter into each pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned and springs back with light touch.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Invert onto a second cooling rack and flip back over so tops are facing up. (see photo's) Let cakes cool completely.
- Cut the top off of the first cake (to make even) and use these two for the bottom 2 layers.
- Cut the second cake in half so that you have 4 layers.
- (* 2 layer option: do not slice cakes in half)
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Whip cream until reaches firm peak, pull beaters away from cream and it holds a strong peak shape.
- In a small mixing bowl beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth, add to cream and mix to incorporate.
- Place the first cake layer on serving plate.
- Spread 1/3 C of cream cheese frosting, add then 3 Tbsp blueberry pie filing, swirl lightly with knife to combine and repeat with remaining layers.
- On the top layer - frost the entire top of cake with the frosting.
- Top with remaining dollops of blueberry pie filing on top, lightly swirl to incorporate. (will drizzle down the sides of the cake.)
- Add fresh blueberries to top of cake in a circle shape and finish with sprigs of chamomile flowers (remove flowers before serving- not edible), if desired.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g