Our Blueberry Torte Recipe is simple to make but tastes like it came from the corner bakery! Today’s blueberry torte cake is simple–white cake mix, blueberry pie filling, and cream cheese icing= a blueberry stack cake. My mom’s blueberry torte is a favorite in our family!
Why we love Blueberry Torte Recipe
This is the cake I grew up on and loved to celebrate every birthday, of every year all through out my growing up years. I begged for this Blueberry Torte Recipe many more times through the year but my mom always obliged me for my birthday!
I made a blueberry torte cake for my kids for their birthdays when they were young too.
I had to smile a couple of weeks ago when our Madeliene asked me how to did I make “that blueberry cake”? Mom’s Blueberry Torte Recipe is a long time favorite around here.
It’s a family tradition and we’re more than happy to share it with all of you! 🙂
Ingredients in Blueberry Torte Recipe
- white cake mix
- heavy whipping cream
- powdered sugar
- cream cheese
- blueberry pie filing
- fresh blueberries and chamomile, to garnish
Step-by-Step tutorial for Blueberry Torte Recipe
Celebrate with Blueberry Torte Recipe
My mom’s Blueberry Torte Recipe is mouth watering, delicious, and can I have another 8 pieces GOOD!! REALLY… this one you’ve just got to give a try for your next special occasion or any occasion for that matter.
Cake takes a bad wrap sometimes, I mean… we eat it at every special event in our lives. For birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, holidays, etc! So, make our Blueberry Torte Recipe and just enjoy a piece or two! (… or 8)
- 1 white cake mix, prepared to package directions
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 1 can blueberry pie filing
- 2 cups fresh blueberries and chamomile, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 2 -9inch round cake pans with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, eggs, water, and oil (prepared to package directions)
- Mix on medium high speed for 2-3 minutes until smooth and incorporated.
- Pour half of batter into each pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned and springs back with light touch.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Invert onto a second cooling rack and flip back over so tops are facing up. (see photo's) Let cakes cool completely.
- Cut the top off of the first cake (to make even) and use these two for the bottom 2 layers.
- Cut the second cake in half so that you have 4 layers.
- (* 2 layer option: do not slice cakes in half)
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Whip cream until reaches firm peak, pull beaters away from cream and it holds a strong peak shape.
- In a small mixing bowl beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth, add to cream and mix to incorporate.
- Place the first cake layer on serving plate.
- Spread 1/3 C of cream cheese frosting, add then 3 Tbsp blueberry pie filing, swirl lightly with knife to combine and repeat with remaining layers.
- On the top layer - frost the entire top of cake with the frosting.
- Top with remaining dollops of blueberry pie filing on top, lightly swirl to incorporate. (will drizzle down the sides of the cake.)
- Add fresh blueberries to top of cake in a circle shape and finish with sprigs of chamomile flowers (remove flowers before serving- not edible), if desired.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
More Cakes Recipes
Blueberry Torte Recipe will sweeten the celebration for your next gathering!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Turkey Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe
- Buttermilk Greek Yogurt Pancakes Recipe
- Tres Leches Cake with Strawberries Recipe
- Green Chili Black Beans Recipe
- Starbucks Orange Mango Smoothie Recipe
- Rice Pudding Smoothie Recipe
- Green Tea Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Cranberry Pomegranate Cocktail Recipe
- Irish Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua Recipe
- Chicken Fricassee Recipe
- Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (copycat)