Homemade Flour Tortillas are so simple to make at home and my recipe uses extra virgin olive oil instead of the normal shortening so they’re healthier too!
Tortillas are a staple around our house- always have been, actually! My kids have always like to made quesadillas or tacos or just eat them with butter and sugar/cinnamon too! So, having them in the fridge is pretty much a given.
Flour Tortillas are super simple to make at home~ in fact, they’re so simple that you could have the kiddos help make them with you!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sea salt.
- Add water and oil; knead in.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times.
- (add a little flour or water to achieve a smooth dough.)
- Rest dough for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into eight portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 7 inch circle.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook tortillas over medium heat for 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned.
- Keep warm.
Try your hand at some Homemade Flour Tortillas this week… you’ll love them!
I hope you you’re week is going really well! I just returned from a trip to Central Mexico so get ready for more some fun photo’s and authentic mexican recipes to be showing up around here 🙂
Much Love and Peace~