I’ve always loved a fresh, piping hot, chewy outside with soft middle- Pretzel! I sometimes treat myself to one at the airport or mall. I’m the annoying lady that waits for the fresh ones coming hot out of the oven 🙂
No more waiting around! Nope.
Now, you can make very own right at home with this soft and chewy Homemade Pretzels recipe!
Serve them up with your favorite dipping sauce or just combine equal parts honey dijon and colmans original mustards like me. YUM.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 4 C flour
- 1 C warm water
- 1 Tbsp active instant yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 C water
- 2/3 C baking soda
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- mustard for serving
- Combine flour, 1 C warm water, yeast, sugar, salt in kitchen aid with dough hook and knead for 5 minutes.
- Remove dough hook.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Lightly coat working surface with cooking spray.
- Divide dough into 10 equal sized balls.
- Roll each ball into a 5-6 inch long rope.
- Once you have your long rope, take the ends and draw them together so the dough forms a circle. Twist the ends, then bring them towards yourself and press them down into a pretzel shape.
- *optional step: freezing pretzel shaped dough at this point will help ensure they keep shape when boiled.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Coat half sheet pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Bring 8 C water to boil and add 2/3 C baking soda.
- Boil each pretzel for 30 seconds then set onto prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite mustard or dipping sauce
If you’re looking for a fun treat to make for the Super Bowl this Sunday our Homemade Pretzels will be a crowd pleaser for sure!
Much Love and Peace~
flour, salt, Yeast
April 17, 2019
Gina Kleinworth says
Oh my – I made bites a little bit ago – now I need to make these. YUM!
the very first step – are we only combining the 1 cup warm water?
Hi Jessica. I clarified the water in the recipe. 1 C of warm water goes into the dough. You can knead this dough by hand if you don’t have a Kitchen Aid. Then follow the rest of directions the same. Hope you enjoy them 🙂 xoxo~ Ruthie
David Ryan says
Oh wow. I want me some of these pretzels.
I must say they are pretty tasty! Make up a batch for the Super Bowl tomorrow 🙂 xoxo~ Ruthie