Our Chorizo Black Bean Dip Recipe will be the PAR-tay star of your Super Bowl Party this year! This black bean and chorizo sausage appetizer is going to rock your world. . . it’s just that amazing! Everybody will rave about this Mexican bean dip and fall completely in love with it.
Today’s Chorizo Black Bean Dip is going to be the center of our Super Bowl Party this year!
This dip is tasty to say the least. One of my absolute favorite dips ever (AND that’s saying a lot). What’re your fun Super Bowl traditions? We don’t have traditions per say… we just always have good food. 🙂
No offense to the football lovers out there… but I only like the super bowl for the food. *gasp* I know!!! Don’t hate me. Don’t you football lovers worry!!
AND were tossing it over to Miss Nichole for Fit Friday!
And we can’t forget that today is Friday! Friday = Fit Friday here at Cooking with Ruthie! We love teaming up with Nichole at Pure Clean Fitness!!
It has been a fun week. I live in an awesome neighborhood that has organized daily workouts, I have started teaching Tuesdays and love just getting to hang out and work up a sweat with my neighbors. I also get to sub treadmill class twice this week, another fun time with a fantastic group of people. I planned treadmill classes on a rest day, rest days I feel like a rock star and my classes tend to be a little harder than expected. Still doable, but a very solid challenge. Today I am sharing the love with this fantastic speed workout.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- ½ pound mexican chorizo sausage
- 1 cup yellow onion, small diced
- ¾ cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- ¼ limes, juiced
- ½ cup cooking sherry or brandy
- 2 cups chicken broth
- In a large stock pot over medium high heat cook the sausage, onions, garlic, and cilantro.
- Cook 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked.
- Add sherry wine and deglaze pan scraping up the bits up and off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- After the mixture has simmered and started to thicken approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Pulse small batches in blender or food processor to slightly smooth out the beans.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
While we love our Chorizo and Black Bean we want to hook you up with the ultimate list of our favorite appetizers!!! Drum roll please….
You’re welcome. 😉
Chorizo Black Bean Dip is gonna rock our Super Bowls this year! Who’s with me?!!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Nichole, Ruthie & Madeliene