Our cute friend Carrie from My Recipe Confessions is here visiting with us today.
I can’t wait to give her Toasted Coconut Caramel Popcorn a try! Oh. my. goodness. It looks SO good 🙂
I won’t keep ya waiting any longer…
This last weekend my daughter and I went to St. George for her dance competition. While we where there we did a little shopping of course and one of the things I bought was a bag of coconut caramel popcorn.
The popcorn was so dang good that I immediately started to plan the recipe for this popcorn.
Toasted Coconut Caramel Popcorn
- 6 cups of popcorn popped
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup of corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 2 tsp. of coconut extract
- 1 cup of sweetened coconut flakes toasted
- Remove all the unpopped kernels from the popcorn and divide the popcorn into two large bowls.
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, heat the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt over medium heat. Stirring occasionally, bring the caramel to a simmer.
- Let the caramel simmer for 5 minutes without stirring it.
- After five minutes, remove the caramel from the heat and mix in the baking soda.
- It will start to foam, don’t worry this is normal.
- Gently fold the popcorn into the caramel making sure that all the popcorn gets coated evenly.
- While the caramel is still hot, evenly sprinkle the toasted coconut over the popcorn.
- Pour the caramel popcorn onto a sheet of wax paper and carefully break up the large pieces.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container.
This is my version of Toasted Coconut Caramel Popcorn. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I have!
With love from my kitchen to yours,
Here a couple of other recipes of Carries for you to enjoy…