Shrimp Street Tacos Recipe are flavorful and oh so tasty. . . just perfect for your Cinco de Mayo fiesta! Let’s get some Tex-mex on this year with street tacos and plenty of recipe ideas for your party! Our Shrimp Street Tacos are so simple to make and taste like they are fresh off the taco food truck. Keep the Cinco de Mayo tradition alive this year by throwing your own fiesta right at home!
We love hangin’ out with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness! She’s been with us on Friday’s for over 5 years now and we love her! Thanks to Nichole, for coming every week and sharing your awesome fitness knowledge with us! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
We think you’ll love our Shrimp Street Tacos Recipe at your fiesta!
Who else can hardly believe it’s May!! Oh my goodness gracious! The past few months have felt like a time warp I swear- super slow and fast at the same time. Hopefully once things get back to a more “normal” routine again we will all feel like our days are more normal too! So, this year it’ll be a Tex-mex party at home with your family so let’s get cooking! Be sure to add some of these south of the border sides for your Cinco de Mayo fiesta too!
- Cilantro Ranch Dressing
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork
- Strawberry Mint Margaritas
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Green Chili Black Beans
- Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Pico de Gallo
Oh yah…. now that’s a fiesta!
A few more of our Street Taco Recipes for you to enjoy
- Achiote Beef Street Tacos Recipe
- BBQ Jackfruit, Roasted Corn, Cilantro Street Tacos
- Butternut Squash and Apple Street Tacos
- Chicken, Black Bean, Cilantro Street Tacos Recipe
- Black Bean and Sweet Corn Tostadas
- Grilled Street Tacos and Cancun
Miss Nichole’s Fitness Tips. . .
Holy cow I need schedules to come back into my life. With all that is…or isn’t…going on I keep losing track of what day it is.
We have made it through another month of pandemic life. At this stage in the game it is starting to look a little different for some of us. In my neck of the woods we have moved to “orange” status. This means that things are starting to open again and it is feeling like we are starting to move back toward “normal”. While gyms are beginning to open back up its is on a very limited scale. No kids at the gym but still no school means that I still won’t be going back to the gym, but that doesn’t mean that I am sitting on my couch in a haze. I have found my optimism is rising and along with it my energy. Hallelujah!
With Spring, sunshine, and renewed energy my soul is calling for the trails. I have posted before about my love for the trails, every year my want, need, desire for the trails grow. Last summer I developed a whole new level of love for trail running, hitting the dirt, and being in the mountains.
Long story short; your speed doesn’t matter on the trails and you can’t feel sorry for yourself in the mountains. With races being canceled and life feeling off kilter it is the perfect time to hit the dirt.
For today’s fit tips I wanted to give some beginner (or reminder) tips for trail running.
1) Make sure your shoes fit correctly and are built for trails. Road shoes will not give you the support you need on the trail. They also won’t last long on the rocks,
2) Along with the right shoes you need the right gear. Comfortable clothes that are seasonally appropriate. If you are heading up in the mountains keep in mind the weather may not be the same as it is in the valley.
3) Choose trails wisely. Check the terrain, the climb, and be prepared for the distance. I love the AllTrails app to keep my bearings.
4) Trail running is not the same as road running. You need to pay attention to the trail in order to stay up right.
Use these days to get out and explore. In the mountains you can find hope, beauty, happiness, and so much more.
- 1½ pounds medium shrimp, 41/50 shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup sweet chili pepper sauce (I like trader joes)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- *if you prefer more heat use red pepper flakes in place of black pepper
- 3 cups leafy greens or cabbage
- 1/3 cup red onion, large diced
- 16 white corn tortillas (any size will work)
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil and allow to warm and coat pan.
- When oil gets hot and close to the smoking point, add garlic and shrimp and cook 1 minute per side; stirring constantly until lightly browned
- Add white wine and simmer for 2-3 minutes until shrimp are pink in color and translucent.
- Add sweet chili pepper sauce and toss to coat, remove from heat.
- Season to taste with sea salt and pepper; set aside.
- Warm tortillas in a separate skillet with or without oil; hold warm.
- When ready to serve: place greens on two tacos, add red onion, and the top with prepared shrimp.
- Serve with additional sweet chili pepper sauce and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 181mgSodium: 982mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 24g
Have an amazing time with our Shrimp Street Tacos Recipe and your family this week!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene
- Turkey, Sweet Potato, & Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- Cherry & Pistachio Brownies Recipe
- Cinnamon Apple Butter Recipe
- Strawberry Yogurt Popsicle Recipe
- Strawberry Spinach Salad w/ Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
- Lemon Coconut Scones with Lemon Glaze Recipe
- Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
- Salsa Chicken Bake Recipe
- Asian Pear and Pomegranate Smoothie Recipe
- Grilled Chicken with Spicy Mayo Sandwich Recipe
- Spicy Tequila Elk Steak Fajitas Recipe
- Herbed Grilled Chicken Recipe