Food is comforting for all of us.
I’m pretty sure I was Italian in another life- anything warm and smelling of Italian spices is just so comforting to me. Add in a fresh baguette and Mama Mia! Perfecto.
As I was reading through Back Around the Table: An “In the Kitchen with David” Cookbook from QVC’s Resident Foodie I just couldn’t pass up his Baked Shrimp and Feta recipe…
Oh my goodness. It’s just delightful! Baked Shrimp and Feta is quick and easy to throw together for an evening meal.
I know sometimes life gets so hectic, everyone running around with the business of life, so reconnecting around the dinner table is a beautiful time to enjoy good food and decompress a little bit.
Back Around the Table: An “In the Kitchen with David” Cookbook from QVC’s Resident Foodie’s new cookbook is full of delicious ideas for every occasion. I love that he shares his passion for cooking through the entire cookbook and each recipe comes with a introduction and insight to it. That is a man with a true love of food. I’m so excited to get to share this wonderful cookbook and a recipe from it with you.
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 C dry white wine
- 1 15oz can diced tomatos with basil and oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 C packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/2 pounds extra jumbo, 16/20 shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tail removed
- 1 C 4oz crumbled feta
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano, or 1 tsp dried
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over low heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the white wine and, using a wooden spoon, scrape up any browned bits from off the bottom of the pan.
- Continue cooking until all but 1-2 Tablespoons wine has cooked off.
- Add diced tomatoes and bring to boil.
- Stir in red pepper flakes and salt.
- Reduce and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove the skillet from heat and stir in spinach and shrimp.
- Sprinkle feta on top.
- Bake 15-17 minutes until shrimp are pink and cooked through and feta has melted.
- Remove from oven and stir in parsley and oregano before serving.
Back Around the Table: An “In the Kitchen with David” Cookbook from QVC’s Resident Foodie is the perfect gift for any of the Foodie’s in your life… it’ll be a wonderfully inspiring and delightful read!
If you think your family will enjoy this recipe, be sure to visit qvc.co/AroundtheTableCookbook to learn more about and purchase Back Around the Table: An “In the Kitchen with David” Cookbook. Filled with 156 great recipes like this, you’re sure to find something that fits your lifestyle and gathers everyone back around the table!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of QVC. The opinions and text are all mine.