Shrimp, Cabbage, Potato on Quinoa is a healthy and flavorful dinner the whole family will adore!
Nichole at Pure Clean Fitness is here with us for another Fab-u-lous Fit Friday!
Shrimp, Cabbage, Potato on Quinoa is NOT your typical quinoa dish and we love it!!!
We love different, healthy, and flavorful around here! This is a quick 30 minute dinner to satisfy all of your families health and dinner needs! Shrimp = Protein & Omega 3’s, Potato = Vitamin C & Fiber, and Quinoa = Very High Fiber & Protein with a low Glycemic Index. If you LOVE Quinoa like we do… check this out…
More Quinoa Recipes:
- Southwest Chicken Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Corn Chowder
- Greek Quinoa Stuffed Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Mini Bell Peppers and Quinoa Casserole
- Lamb Meatballs, Mint Tomato Sauce, & Quinoa
& Now, Fit Friday! 🙂
Longer days under the sun and I am heading outside. How can you not after being cooped up inside all winter? Spring is my favorite time to hit the track. It feels fresh and adds a little flare to my training that has continued throughout the snowy cold months.
Today we are hitting the track for a circuit. No weights needed. Just need some water and a kick a** attitude!
Remember; a track is 400 m around.
Shrimp, Cabbage, Potato on Quinoa is a yummy, any day meal!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene
Shrimp, Cabbage, Potato on Quinoa
- 1½ pounds medium shrimp 41/50 shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 2 cups green cabbage rough chopped
- 2 cups russet potatoes 1 inch cubed
- 1 green pepper 1 inch cubed
- 2-3 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken stock
- 3/4 cup sweet chili pepper sauce (I like trader joes)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- *if you prefer more heat use red pepper flakes in place of black pepper
- 3 cups quinoa cooked
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil and allow to warm and coat pan.
- When oil gets hot and close to the smoking point, add onion and garlic; stirring constantly until lightly browned.
- Add potatoes cook for 4-5 minutes until tender firm; stirring. Add green cabbage and peppers; cook 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook 1 minute per side, add white wine and simmer for 2-3 minutes until shrimp are pink in color and translucent.
- Add sweet chili pepper sauce and toss to coat, remove from heat.
- Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Serve over prepared quinoa and Enjoy!
Leave a Reply