Pan-Fried Shrimp Egg Rolls are crispy without all the fuss!
The Sweet Chili Sauce adds a little kick… if you don’t like a hotter spicy flavor replace half the chili sauce with rice vinegar to tone it down a bit 🙂
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce, divided
- 12 oumces fresh bean sprouts, chopped
- 12 8-inches egg roll wrappers
- 12 cooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut in half length-wise
- 6 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanut oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine 3 Tbsp chili sauce with bean sprouts; toss to coat.
- One egg roll wrapper at a time (cover the remaining to keep from drying out), place wrapper on work surface with one corner pointing towards you.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp bean sprouts in the center with 2 shrimp and 1 1/2 tsp cilantro .
- Fold lower edge over the center, bring in the sides, moisten the top corner of wrapper with water; roll up jelly roll style.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet. Repeat with additional wrappers.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 6 egg rolls, seam side down, cook 7 minutes turning occasionally.
- Place on wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining egg rolls.
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Combine remaining ingredients; 1 Tbsp chili sauce, 1 Tbsp vinegar, 2 tsp soy sauce, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/8 tsp black pepper.
- Serve with egg rolls.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 474mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 12g
A typical Egg Roll is deep fried which adds a lot of fat and it’s a big mess too… this version is healthier and still has that delightful crunch!
I hope you enjoy these Pan-Fried Shrimp Egg Rolls and that it’s a hit with your family.
I hope y’all had a nice and relaxing weekend! Me? I just studied like crazy but I guess that’s the life of a Culinary student 🙂