Smoked Salmon, Cherry, Avocado, Feta Salad is packed with flavor that’s like magic for your tastebuds!
Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is gracing us with her presence for another Fabulous Fit Friday!!!!
Smoked Salmon, Cherry, Avocado, Feta Salad is calling my name right about now!!! I don’t know about you all… but I have been on this salmon loving kick for sooo long now! It just doesn’t get old for me!
Holy hell it is toasty out. And I don’t mean kinda hot, I mean hot as hell!!!! The weather requires some adjusting for kids, for the dogs, and definitely for the workouts.
There is no sending the kids out to play for hours on end. Instead the kids want to play inside with A/C and cold water.
The dogs don’t do well at all with the hot sun. Our yorkie won’t step on the porch once the sun has hit it, so we need to carry her out every time she yaps at the door. Our big lab wants to go out and play, but has no endurance in the heat and keeps drinking his water too quickly which means I have cleaned up a lot of throw up the last couple of days.
And finally me; if I want to run it needs to be early. There is no going out after 8. I need to be done before the temps climb over 80.
So how do we beat the heat and get our workouts in?
1) Cool down first. Don’t start your workout already sweaty.
2) Don’t workout under the hot sun. This means go early, find shade, or move inside.
3) Limit caffeine. Caffeine is a diuretic, you need to be saving water not forcing out.
4) Stay hydrated. This doesn’t just mean while working out. You need to be drinking plenty of water before, during, and after workouts.
5) Choose clothing carefully. Materials that wick moisture away versus absorb.
6) Monitor yourself. Don’t let yourself get over exerted. This means pay attention to your heart rate and exertion level. You will need to understand that breaks may be required and moving a little slower is a must. You aren’t hitting records when it is this toasty out on the road.
Good luck! Stay strong! Don’t melt!
Smoked Salmon, Cherry, Avocado, Feta Salad is an out-of-this-world salad!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup smoked salmon, sliced into 1-inch sections
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced length-wise
- 1 cup cherries
- 1/4 cup herbed chevre, crumbled
- sprinkle coarse sea salt for serving
- favorite olive oil or dressing
- Divide greens between 2 serving plates.
- Divide remaining ingredients between plates.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve with your favorite olive oil or dressing!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 511Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 2780mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 9gSugar: 12gProtein: 27g