Today’s Lemon Herb Halibut with Herbed Rice Recipe is a perfect if you’re looking for a simple dinner that the whole family will adore! Halibut recipes are a simple fish to include in your dinner menu because halibut is a lean fish with a mild and sweet flavor so they key is not to overcook it! Our halibut we are serving a herbed brown rice that has olive oil, sea salt, rosemary, thyme, and tarragon and is packed with awesome nutritional benefits! The kids will love our Lemon Herb Halibut with Herbed Rice Recipe and it’s simple enough to make together! We love making kitchen memories with our family by preparing, cooking, and eating all together… connecting and enjoying time together is so important! Enjoy 🙂
Happy day, it’s Fit Friday! We love hangin’ out with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Coaching! She’s been a part of our Friday’s for many years and we love her so much. Thank you, Nichole, for coming every week and sharing your awesome fitness knowledge with us. If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
Family fun with our Lemon Herb Halibut with Herbed Rice Recipe!
I actually love fish so much but if you’re family is like mine, we’re always on the run and making a delicious seafood dinner takes more time than throwing together a slow cooker dinner or whatever you’re quick and easy weeknight meal favorites happen to be.
Have the family lend a helping hand in the kitchen… they can over see dipping the fish into The Good Table® Roasted Garlic Sauce and then into the Lemon Herb Crust Mix. Lastly, mom or dad can pop them into the oven and that’s it. Family fun in the kitchen is my kind of fun! Awesome. It’s restaurant-inspired quick and easy ways to dress up your families favorite protein.
The plus side? I love brown rice- it’s nutty flavor, slightly chewy texture, and it’s whole grain health benefits make it’s slightly longer cooking time worth it. If you’ve never tried brown rice- grab a bag and give it a try! Herbed Rice is a fresh and simple side dish that uses fresh herbs, olive oil, and sea salt. Then add in a vegetable or salad and you’re good to go for dinner! YUM.
Ingredients in our Lemon Herb Halibut with Herbed Rice Recipe:
• Halibut- contains a variety of nutrients that are good for your heart, such as omega-3 fatty acids, niacin, selenium and magnesium. While there is no DRI for omega-3 fatty acids, the adult Adequate Intake (AI) recommendation is 1.1 and 1.6 grams for women and men respectively.
• Brown Rice- can serve as a good source of B vitamins (thiamin, niacin, and riboflavin) and iron. Rice is also an excellent source of manganese and magnesium. Brown rice provides more vitamins than white rice.
• Olive Oil- is widely recognized as one of the world’s healthiest oils. In fact, people tend to live longer and healthier lives in regions where olive oil is a staple part. It is rich in healthy monounsaturated fats, contains large amounts of antioxidants, strong anti-inflammatory properties, may help prevent strokes, protective against heart disease.
• Sea Salt- is mostly composed of sodium chloride, a compound that helps regulate fluid balance and blood pressure in the body. Since it’s minimally processed, it contains some minerals, including potassium, iron, and calcium.
• Rosemary- is a rich source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, which are thought to help boost the immune system and improve blood circulation. Rosemary is considered a cognitive stimulant and can help improve memory performance and quality. It is also known to boost alertness, intelligence, and focus.
• Thyme- is packed with vitamin C and is also a good source of vitamin A. If you feel a cold coming on, thyme can help get you back in good health. Another health benefit of thyme: It’s a good source of copper, fiber, iron, and manganese.
• Tarragon- has many impressive health benefits, including the potential to reduce blood sugar, inflammation and pain, while improving sleep, appetite and heart health. Not to mention, it’s versatile and can be added to a variety of foods — whether you use fresh or dried varieties.
• Fresh Lemon- Lemons are an excellent source of vitamin C and flavonoids, which are antioxidants. Antioxidants help remove free radicals that can damage cells from the body. These nutrients can help prevent diseases and boost health and wellbeing are some of the possible benefits of consuming lemons.
Fit Friday with Nichole & our Lemon Herb Halibut with Herbed Rice Recipe!
It is Valentines weekend, a weekend to celebrate that life is meant to live socially. I don’t care if you have a significant other, a spouse, a boyfriend or girlfriend you still need to live life as a social creature. We are not meant to be lone individuals facing this world.
We are celebrating our social selves with a partner workout this weekend! Grab your other, your friend, whoever is close by and willing and push each other for this one!
Enjoy our Lemon Herb Halibut with Herbed Rice Recipe & these seafood recipes too!
- Salmon Salad Sandwich
- Panfried Catfish with Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce
- Japanese Salmon Teriyaki
- Easy Coconut Shrimp
- Herbed Salmon Fillet
- Butterfly Shrimp, Hasselback Potatoes, and Almond Green Beans
- Spicy Coconut Mahi-Mahi
- Big Green Egg Salmon
- Girards Champagne Mint Salmon Salad
- Homemade Cocktail Sauce with Crab Legs
- Chicken, Shrimp, and Tofu Pad Thai
- Orzo Salad with Scallops
- Sun-dried Tomato and Olive Tuna Salad in Avocado
- 1 box Lemon & Herb The Good Table® by General Mills
- 1 pound halibut fish fillets, approximately 4
- 3 cups brown rice, prepared to package directions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh tarragon, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or lemon wedges to serve
- Prepare halibut according to directions on the Lemon & Herb The Good Table® package.
- Herbed Rice:
- Combine prepared brown rice with olive oil, sea salt, rosemary, thyme, and tarragon; toss to incorporate.
- Add lemon juice to taste.
- Serve Herbed Rice with Lemon Herb Halibut Recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 408Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 670mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 39g
Lemon Herb Halibut with Herbed Rice Recipe is a quick and easy dinner solution!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: [email protected] We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie & Madeliene