Panfried Catfish with Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce is southern comfort food at it’s finest! Panfried Catfish with Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce is bringing me back to my southern roots!! I lived in Texas as a young girl and my siblings were born there! This dish is all that and a bag of chips I tell you what!!! Mmmm especially with that lemon. Yum-my!!
Panfried Catfish with Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce Recipe
We know you’ll love these southern recipes too!
Panfried Catfish with Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce is perfection with any of these sides. Take your pick– whatever you choose, will be delicious! I love green beans and this recipe is sooo delicious! Green Beans w/ Parmesan Crumbs for the win! I’m also obsessed with these Guisantes Ahogados… did you know I’m fluent in Spanish?! 🙂 annnd that I’ve loved peas my whole life?!! 🙂 Give them a try and tell us what you think!
You may also enjoy these other side dish recipes:
Panfried Catfish with Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce is a Southern favorite of ours!!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene
- 1 ½ pounds farm raisedcatfish fillet, cut into 4 portions
- salt, for fish
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, for pan fry
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped for garnish
- 1 shallot, cut in rings and fried for garnish
- Rinse catfish fillets and dry with paper towels, season with salt and pepper just prior to cooking.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- When oil is hot place the fillets in the pan presentation side first, do not overcrowd the pan.
- Cook on first side until golden brown, turn and fry on the other side cook until fish is cooked and flaky.
- Set aside on a plate lined with paper towels, keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil and heat for about 30 seconds, add garlic and cook; stirring until golden.
- Be careful not to burn!
- Add the chili sauce, soy sauce, sugar and fish sauce; stir to combine.
- Place fish on serving plate, gently spoon the sauce over the fish taking care not to break the fish up.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley and lemon wedges .