Panfried Catfish with Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce is southern comfort food at it’s finest!
Panfried Catfish with Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce is bringing me back to my southern roots!! I lived in Texas as a young girl and my siblings were born there! This dish is all that and a bag of chips I tell you what!!! Mmmm especially with that lemon. Yum-my!!
Panfried Catfish with Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce is perfection with any of these sides. Take your pick– whatever you choose, will be delicious! I love green beans and this recipe is sooo delicious! Green Beans w/ Parmesan Crumbs for the win! I’m also obsessed with these Guisantes Ahogados… did you know I’m fluent in Spanish?! 🙂 annnd that I’ve loved peas my whole life?!! 🙂 Give them a try and tell us what you think!
Panfried Catfish with Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce is a Southern favorite of ours!!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- 1 ½ pounds farm raisedcatfish fillet, cut into 4 portions
- salt, for fish
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, for pan fry
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped for garnish
- 1 shallot, cut in rings and fried for garnish
- Rinse catfish fillets and dry with paper towels, season with salt and pepper just prior to cooking.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
oilis hotplace the fillets in the pan presentation side first, do not overcrowd the pan.
- Cook on
firstside until golden brown, turn and fry on the other side cook until fish is cooked and flaky.
- Set aside on a plate lined with paper towels, keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil and heat for about 30 seconds, add garlic and cook; stirring until golden.
- Be careful not to burn!
- Add the chili sauce, soy sauce, sugar and fish sauce; stir to combine.
- Place fish on
servingplate, gently spoon the sauce over the fish taking care not to break the fish up.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley and lemon wedges