*This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.
Chicken Enchilada Cornbread Pie is quick and easy, one pot, southern dinner recipe that the whole family will adore! Do y’all remember a few weeks ago; that silly post when we headed to Kroger to buy our Martha White® Cornbread Mixes? Well, this deliciousness is what became of our adventurous journey…
Yep! That’s right- Enchilada Chicken Cornbread Pie is loaded with chicken, cilantro, green enchilada sauce, chiles, white corn, beans, pepper jack cheese all wrapped up inside our Martha White® Cornbread Mix! Oh my. I LOVE how it turned out… completely love it!
I have a soft spot for good southern cooking… I guess it’s because I lived in Texas for several years and one of my favorite parts was exploring some of the cuisines of the south! I got to taste some serious BBQ’s meats with baked beans and cornbread on the side!
I’m a lover of cornbreads- so naturally Martha White® Cornbread Mix is a staple in my pantry. It’s moist and the perfect combination of both savory and sweet! It makes our Chicken Enchilada Cornbread Pie a sure dinner-winner for the whole family.
- 2 7oz Martha White Corn Bread Mix
- 1 11oz can super sweet white corn
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Chicken Enchilada Filling:
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 10oz mild green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 4oz fire roasted diced green chiles
- 1 15oz great northern beans
- 1 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup queso fresco cheese
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F.
- Coat large oven safe skillet or dutch oven with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine corn bread, white corn, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, milk, and eggs in a mixing bowl and mix just until combined; set aside.
- In separate bowl combine chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, beans, cheese, cilantro, salt, cumin, chili powder, lime juice; mix.
- Pour half of corn bread mixture into prepared pan, evenly spread chicken mixture over it, top with remaining remaining corn bread mixture.
- Place in oven and bake 30-40 minutes or until top is nicely browned and toothpick removes almost clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, slice, and serve with desired toppings.
I also love country music and so I’m super excited to tell you that Martha White® is proud to be a sponsor of the 49th Annual Country Music Awards which will air LIVE from the Bridgestone Arena on Wednesday, November 4 at 8/7c.
-Dozens of performances and countless special moments!
-Watch as the Country Music industry honors its finest entertainers and celebrates 49 years of excellence.
I know the whole family will just love our Martha White® Chicken Enchilada Cornbread Pie! It’s soooo good that I’m hiding the last piece in the back of the fridge for lunch tomorrow. (shhhhh, don’t tell)
Much Love and Peace~
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of J.M. Smucker’s®. The opinions and text are all mine.